for those who missed it yesterday Princess Cruises are going to release the Sun Princ

thied

The Itineraries are as follows:

Cruises from Brisbane

Ship Cruise Dep Date Dur Itinerary Itinerary Detail

SP S114N 06‐Sep‐11 - 15 Northern Explorer PERTH (FREMANTLE), Geralton, Bali (Benoa), Broome, Kimberly Coast scenic cruising, Darwin, Port Douglas (for

the Great Barrier Reef & Cairns), Townsville, BRISBANE

SP S115 21‐Sep‐11 - 42 China / Japan

BRISBANE, Airlie Beach (for the Great Barrier Reef), Darwin, Cross the Equator , Brunei (Muara), KotaKinabalu, Ho

Chi Minh City (Phu My), Nha Trang (Vietnam), 2‐day Hong Kong Experience (includes two fulldays and overnight),

Shanghai, Dalian, Beijing (Xingang), Pusan (South Korea), Nagasaki, Osaka (for Kyoto),Tokyo (Yokohama), Iwo Jima

scenic cruising, Guam (Northern Mariana Islands), Rabaul (Papua New Guinea),BRISBANE

SP S116 02‐Nov‐11 - 14 New Zealand BRISBANE, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

Napier, Tauranga, Auckland, BRISBANE

SP S117 16‐Nov‐11 – 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

National Park scenic cruising, BRISBANE

SP S118 30‐Nov‐11 - 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

SP S119 14‐Dec‐11 - 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

SP S201 28‐Dec‐11 - 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

SP S202 11‐Jan‐12 - 11 nights Fiji / New Cal / Vanuatu

BRISBANE, Nouméa (New Caledonia), Isle of Pines (New Caledonia), Suva (Fiji), Port Denarau (Fiji), Dravuni Island

(Fiji), Vila (Vanuatu), BRISBANE

SP S203 22‐Jan‐12 - 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

SP S204 05‐Feb‐12 - 11 nights Fiji / New Cal / Vanuatu

BRISBANE, Isle of Pines (New Caledonia), Nouméa (New Caledonia) ,Suva (Fiji), Port Denarau (Fiji), Dravuni Island

(Fiji), Vila (Vanuatu), BRISBANE

SP S205 16‐Feb‐12 - 14 nights New Zealand BRISBANE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

SP S206 01‐Mar‐12 - 2 nights Repositioning BRISBANE,SYDNEY

Thanks thied.

I'll be looking at sp s115.

yes sp115 would a great cruise

yes but there too many nz cruise between sep 2011 and apr 2012, between the six cruise ships that will be based in australia by Princess and P&O there will be 31 cruises to nz bewtween those dates.

As I said in the vanished thread, 114 looks good, but 115 is brilliant.

One small problem is that SP S115 is right at the sharp end of the Asian typhoon season, and some of their "super" typhoons make a lot of our cyclones look like little puffs of wind.:eek:

A couple of posters in your original thread [including me] voiced the opinion that there was a bit too much Pacific and NZ and they should look a bit further afield.

A valid point I think.

Princess seem to have lost a golden opportunity with their itineraries here.

As good as they are, NZ and the [near] Pacific are simply worn out as destinations.

Somebody needs to use a bit of imagination with itineraries and stop just providing the "shuttle service" cruises to the same boring locations over and over again.:rolleyes:

Give us some decent destinations "More Asia" as Eileen said, The Solomons, Rabaul - and what about Milne Bay, a place of such historical military signifcance to Aussies?

As for the Pacific destinations, move away from NC, Vanuatu and Fiji and have more cruises to the lesser visited but more distant areas such as Tahiti, Samoa, Cook Islands and Hawaii etc..

I think they would have no trouble fillng their cruises.:D:)

As I said in the vanished thread, 114 looks good, but 115 is brilliant.

One small problem is that SP S115 is right at the sharp end of the Asian typhoon season, and some of their "super" typhoons make a lot of our cyclones look like little puffs of wind.:eek:

A couple of posters in your original thread [including me] voiced the opinion that there was a bit too much Pacific and NZ and they should look a bit further afield.

A valid point I think.

Princess seem to have lost a golden opportunity with their itineraries here.

As good as they are, NZ and the [near] Pacific are simply worn out as destinations.

Somebody needs to use a bit of imagination with itineraries and stop just providing the "shuttle service" cruises to the same boring locations over and over again.:rolleyes:

Give us some decent destinations "More Asia" as Eileen said, The Solomons, Rabaul - and what about Milne Bay, a place of such historical military signifcance to Aussies?

As for the Pacific destinations, move away from NC, Vanuatu and Fiji and have more cruises to the lesser visited but more distant areas such as Tahiti, Samoa, Cook Islands and Hawaii etc..

I think they would have no trouble fillng their cruises.:D:)

I tend to agree with on all of that, We are looking to book a cruise either with P&O or Princess late next year and we have found there is not alot to choose from unless you want nz cruise or fiji as we will have done them all by this time next year some twice,

as you said about cruises to Tahiti, Samoa, Cook Islands and Hawaii etc..

that would be great.

I would have thought that with all the new ships being based in australia by princess and P&O, they would have made a few more cruise destinations, seven ships many doing the same cruises

I would have thought that with all the new ships being based in australia by princess and P&O, they would have made a few more cruise destinations, seven ships many doing the same cruises

They don't seem to have put much thought into that. :rolleyes::p

They don't seem to have put much thought into that. :rolleyes::p
With a little or a lot of luck another cruise may see that and come over and give us a few different Itineraries.

another thing the Dawn Princess hasnt got their itinerary out as yet and they are supposed to be based in Melb over summer.....i wonder how many times they will be going to NZ

rkmw

another thing the Dawn Princess hasnt got their itinerary out as yet and they are supposed to be based in Melb over summer.....i wonder how many times they will be going to NZ

rkmw

dawn princess

Ship cruise date nights intinary

Dp d112 07.sep.11 28 round Australia

Dp d113 05.oct.11 14 sydney,lifou,villa,port denarau,suva,sausau,dravuin island,Noumea. Sydney.

Cp c124 17.sep 11 29 trans pacific/ san Francisco to syndey

Cp c125 17.sep 11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Christchurch,Dunedin,fiordland. Sydney

Dp c114 19.oct.11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c126 30.oct 11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Dp d115 01.nov.11 14 sydney,lifou,villa,port denarau,suva,sausau,dravuin island,Noumea. Sydney.

Cp c127 12.nov.11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Christchurch,Dunedin,fiordland. Sydney.

Dp d116 15.nov.11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Dp d117 28.nov.11 14 sydney,lifou,villa,port denarau,suva,sausau,dravuin island,Noumea. Sydney.

Dp d118 12.dec.11 2 coastal

Cp c128 25.nov 11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c129 08.dec.11 8 tasmania

Cp c130 16.12.11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c201 29.12.11 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c202 11.01.12 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c203 24.01.12 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c204 06.02.12 14 sydney,lifou,villa,port denarau,suva,sausau,dravuin island,Noumea. Sydney.

Cp c205 20.02.12 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Sp c207 03.03.12 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Cp c206 04.03.12 42 china/japan

Cp c207 15.04.12 29 transpacific/ Sydney to san francisco

Dp d208 16.03.12 28 around Australia

Sp s208 16.03.12 14 sydney,lifou,villa,port denarau,suva,sausau,dravuin island,Noumea. Sydney.

Sp s209 30.03.12 13 sydney, bay of islands,Auckland.tauranga.napier,wellington,

Dp d209 13.04.12 35 hawaii/Tahiti ( Sydney depart and return)

Have you heard about when the Sun Princess itinerary is coming out for the 2011 season to New Zealand especially around October/November 2011
Hi John I think you will find what you are looking for at the first post on here, there is three to nz in november and in october will still be on the china/ Japan cruise.

Since when was Alan a female name :confused: (Alan Buckelew)

yes he is the Ceo of the carnivale corp, but Ann sherry is the CEO of carnival australia the two cruise lines we are talking about here princess and P&O australia.

HI

Well i am dissapointed, i was hoping Princess might have a cruise to Samoa? Only cruises that seem to go to Samoa are the longer cruises, i was hoping maybe a 16 nighter would come out!

Tania

yes we were hoping they would have done that as well. we put off booking another cruise and were waiting to see what cruises they were going to do. mmm o well may have to look over sea's.

thied,

who and when is doing the circumnavigation of Australia in 2012? Is it he Dawn on March 16th, 2012?

As for he "unimaginative" itineraries - I suspect they (P&O and Princess) have the numbers to know what the majority of people want. Bottom line is the most important consideration for them.

Try HAL, Oceania (coming back to Oz in 2012 again) or some others. Costa has a lot of Asian itineraries as do ALL of the major cruise lines. Would make a nice change of scenery (including some newer ships) for most cruisers from "Down Under".

thied,

who and when is doing the circumnavigation of Australia in 2012? Is it he Dawn on March 16th, 2012?

As for he "unimaginative" itineraries - I suspect they (P&O and Princess) have the numbers to know what the majority of people want. Bottom line is the most important consideration for them.

Try HAL, Oceania (coming back to Oz in 2012 again) or some others. Costa has a lot of Asian itineraries as do ALL of the major cruise lines. Would make a nice change of scenery (including some newer ships) for most cruisers from "Down Under".

Hi yes there are two circumnavigation of Australia in the new intineraries DP/D208 16 march 2012 and DP/D112 7 SEp 2011, both Princess.

yes I do agree they would have the numbers or they would not have put these Intineraries together, but for all the seasoned cruiseres its a little of same old same old and they may go else where to cruise as you have said would make a nice change and newer ships.

Hi yes there are two circumnavigation of Australia in the new intineraries DP/D208 16 march 2012 and DP/D112 7 SEp 2011, both Princess.

yes I do agree they would have the numbers or they would not have put these Intineraries together, but for all the seasoned cruiseres its a little of same old same old and they may go else where to cruise as you have said would make a nice change and newer ships.

Thank you thied,

we were supposed to do the circumnavigation next March (2011) on the Sun (?) but had to cancel.

We hope to do the one in March 2012. I hope the itinerary will be the same/similar with several stops in Tasmania :)

HI

Do you think SP115 will be available in 2 sectors? Likewise been waiting for new itinerary, very disappointing,

Thanks thied.

I'll be looking at sp s115.

Hey, how did you get your old name back, complete with posts total?

SP 115 will almost certainly be sectored as is has been in the past...don't get caught if you don't want to do the whole 42 days.

There was a Shanghai to Sydney sector.

It is a wonderful trip but the SP I think will have the same problems as the DP on such long trips..lack of public space..it felt very crowded. Conversely the advantages were it was able to dock right in the heart of Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Sue

Archived