Legend Review 1/22/05 (part 1)

Susan2u

Hi,

Let me explain a few things before you read my review. First I am a very plain basic eater. I don’t drink alcohol and don’t smoke. I know sounds boring……..We asked for early sitting but ended up with late. We figured we would give it a try this cruise. It seems 87% of the ship asked for early sitting. Cruise director was Chris Jefferson.

We flew down a day early and spend the day in Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Lauderdale by the Sea N Beach (wouldn’t recommend it but we had hotel points so it was free). Cab cost was $33.00 plus tip from the airport. The beach behind the hotel was very nice and the fisherman’s pier had a lot to offer, outside band playing, little stores, and a good choice of restaurants. The hotel offered a shuttle to the port for $18.00 the next day. We had an 11:00 am pickup. The shuttle didn’t arrive until 11:30 am. It ended up being a full shuttle after stopping at another hotel. Let me tell you this was the shuttle from H-LL. We honestly all thought we were going to die and I learned to drive in Boston, this guy made me look extremely mild with his driving skills.

We arrived at the pier around 12:30 pm, there was a long line but it was moving the entire time. I don’t know why we bothered to fill out our fun passes as there was only one line and nobody ever asked about it. Perhaps because we came late. We were processed and on the ship by 1:30 pm.

The ship’s décor wasn’t as bad as I expected but then again I liked the décor on the Sensation (brought me back to my disco days). The only complaint I have about the décor on the Legend is that there were many paintings, murals of naked women but not even one of a naked man (come on fair is fair). The ship over all looks great, a little wear and tear in the Follies lounge couches but heck if you had 2,000 people sitting on you every day you would look a little worn too.

I found the layout of the ship very easy to navigate, although even on our last day on the ship my cousin still headed in the wrong direction to get to the follies lounge. I didn’t like the layout of the Unicorn Café; it was very congested and hard to navigate around the desert/beverage area (usually a road block). When we were in Martinique it was a short port day so everyone ended up in the Unicorn Café at 1:30 pm (dining room is closed during port days for lunch). It was a total zoo.

The Unicorn Cafe is the (Windjammer) buffet area, everything is free. They do have a Legends Cafe that sells specialty coffee, milkshakes, and yummy desserts. All week I was drooling over a white chocolate cake only $2.00 but I was always full. I did purchase it on our last sea day and enjoyed EVERY bite. Well worth the $2.00.

The Unicorn Cafe is the (Windjammer) buffet area, everything is free. They do have a Legends Cafe that sells specialty coffee, milkshakes, and yummy desserts. All week I was drooling over a white chocolate cake only $2.00 but I was always full. I did purchase it on our last sea day and enjoyed EVERY bite. Well worth the $2.00.

thanks-- thats why I said I aasked a stupid question- I think Iconfused the two. We had cookies there one night-- I thought a buck a cookie--until I took my first bite. never in my life did I eat such a thing. worth every penny. Looking forward to the Miracel but this time want to try cakes too. I will even forgo the midnight gala buffet and do our own..

Archived