>>>Transport from Orlando Area (I-Drive) to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale>>>

jojot

Hi All,

Looking for some transportation tips from you all........

I am going on the Oasis of the Seas in August....Cannot wait!!

60 days till embarkation but who is counting....me!!!!!:p

We will be travelling from International Drive, Orlando to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale.

Our holiday is:-

4 x nights in Orlando

7 x nights cruising

3 x nights in Orlando

Can you recommend the best way (and cheapest) way to travel to the port and back?

I believe that it would be driving therefore can you recommend the best company to hire a car from and is there any companies on I-Drive??

Can we drop the car off at the port or would we need to go to Fort Lauderdale Airport and get a taxi to port?

It's just my boyfriend and i travelling therefore the shuttles will probably be more expensive as they are looking for large groups rather than two adults.

Would be great to get lots of advice from you all as they are so many options and want to get our transportation booked as time is ticking away!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Jo

x

There are rental companies scattered all over Orlando - do a google or bing search based upon the address for your hotel. Or go to www.carrentals.com and see who has the best price for a rental MCO to FLL. some of the rental compaines participate in a shared shuttle to the port - if your does not or you don't want to wait a $15 cab ride will get you there.;)

The drive takes about 3.5 hours; you could leave Orlando the morning of your cruise, drop the car off, and be on the ship for lunch. Or head down the day before (to be safe) and enjoy the beach.

Good luck!:)

We're doing a similar trip in August: 4 days in Orlando followed by cruise out of Miami. I wish we'd be coming back for a few days in Orlando!!

We're a group of 7 so getting a rental car was key. I found the best deal to be through Thrifty, but checkout rentalcarmomma.com for a number of great deals from all of the rental car companies.

Not sure if you're picking the car up from the Orlando airport, or from somewhere on International Drive, but you could definitely do either. You'll also have a few drop off places in Ft Lauderdale, depending upon who you rent from.

Hi All,

Looking for some transportation tips from you all........

I am going on the Oasis of the Seas in August....Cannot wait!!

60 days till embarkation but who is counting....me!!!!!:p

We will be travelling from International Drive, Orlando to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale.

Our holiday is:-

4 x nights in Orlando

7 x nights cruising

3 x nights in Orlando

Can you recommend the best way (and cheapest) way to travel to the port and back?

I believe that it would be driving therefore can you recommend the best company to hire a car from and is there any companies on I-Drive??

Can we drop the car off at the port or would we need to go to Fort Lauderdale Airport and get a taxi to port?

It's just my boyfriend and i travelling therefore the shuttles will probably be more expensive as they are looking for large groups rather than two adults.

Would be great to get lots of advice from you all as they are so many options and want to get our transportation booked as time is ticking away!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Jo

x

Hi I see you are in Scotland so I will assume you are flying Virgin Glasgow to Scotland.We do this from Manchester every year, but usually only stay one night pre cruise in Orlando so book an airport hotel.

However, if you will be having a drink on your flight take a taxi to your hotel

(about $40) and arrange for a pick up from one of the Int Drive locations

if you don't plan to have any alcohol pick up from the airport on arrival.

The Virgin site sometimes will not let you book for 3 days but give it a go, otherwise Airline Network are very good as is Hertz.

Just a little tip whichever car hire firm you end up with Alamo /Dollar /hertz etc. join their gold/ premium reward clubs it will get you fast track pick up and sometimes a free upgrade. Book an economy car and see what upgrades are available at pick up after you have seen the car to see if it is suitable.

Take advantage of the Sun pass add on as you can then just drive through the tolls. The Turnpike is great to get to Ft Lauderdale it will take about 4 hours driving at 65mph wit ha pit stop half way. I would drop off the luggage at the port and then return the car to the airport and take the free shuttle back to the port or take a cab which will cost about $20 max with tip.

To get to the airport and then back to the port takes about 20 minutes.I usually leave my Wife to check in the luggage and I am back before she even misses me.The best thing about this is that I can just hop on the shuttle without any bags.

Hope this helps.

Archived