Getting There

I have been to Progresso before and we did the Corona Beach thing thru carnival. It had a bus take us from the ship to the beach.

If I choose to just go to the beach and eat at LSB, does the ship still take you to the drop off point or do you have book a excursion through them to get there?

I have been to Progresso before and we did the Corona Beach thing thru carnival. It had a bus take us from the ship to the beach.

If I choose to just go to the beach and eat at LSB, does the ship still take you to the drop off point or do you have book a excursion through them to get there?

There is a shuttle back to the ship every 30 minutes or so. Never saw a reason to take the beach break, but you've been there. Beers are $2 all along the Malecon. A buck if you want to hunt for them in town.

From the ship to town, like the previous poster said, there is a free shuttle every 30 minutes. You have to take the shuttle to do anything in Progreso. You get off at the Casa de Cultura and then just walk over to the malecon and have your fun. I was underimpressed with LSB on my last visit there - here's my review:

http://www.lawsonsyucatan.com/2010/05/30/le-saint-bonnet-progreso-yucatan/

Happy planning! :)

Archived