A little blog humor!

Traveler353

This from Johh H's blog yesterday. The names are changed to protect the guilty:

Fred Asked: (not his real name)

John- Please Reply

Another thread (referring to a link to CC, I did not bother to post it)

about ways that passengers are smuggling liquor onto the ship. Rum Runners in socks, checked luggage, etc. A lot of gloating about how it was recently done in Miami. I trust you will get this information to the proper authorities.

John Says:

Hello Fred

Thanks so much for posting the link to this particular board. We are all very well aware of how a few guests continue to try to smuggle liquor on mass and for the most part we seem to be winning this particular battle. Did you see my blog last week about the one cabin with the 8 water bottles full of vodka and rum? I know some people may consider what we do to be wrong but really it isn’t. Bar and other revenue sources onboard keeps the cost of the cruise affordable. I also have to say I am surprised that people post their smuggling techniques on a public website……………is that not a bit silly?

Thanks for the link which I have passed along to the right people.

Best wishes,

John

someone must really be bored and have no life. hope i never sail with that person.:D:cool::D

It could happen, "Fred" is a member here.:eek:

This is in the same class as the post a couple of weeks ago where someone quoted a CC member by name on the blog. The member had said something negative about John H. The person doing the quoting is a pretty low class act, who ever it is.:mad:

It could happen, "Fred" is a member here.:eek:

YIKES!!! ill be on the lookout .

This is in the same class as the post a couple of weeks ago where someone quoted a CC member by name on the blog. The member had said something negative about John H. The person doing the quoting is a pretty low class act, who ever it is.:mad:

Thats pretty low. Whether I agree with someone or not, I still wouldn't rat them out. not my place to. :)

So essentially then this blog has essentially become the dining reservation, free gift seeking, rule enforcement department of Carnival:confused:

at your service....may i help you? hehe:eek:

Oh well all our secrets are now out there.. and there will always be a rotten apple in the bunch to rat to someone else to make themselves feel special.. whatever.. :rolleyes: I think Carnival should implement the same beverage package as Celebrity has.. and there wouldn't be a problem are these rats sending all those requests to Mr. Heald.. really I personally am sick of hearing and seeing his name on these boards since he doesnt even come here to post:rolleyes:

Oh well all our secrets are now out there.. and there will always be a rotten apple in the bunch to rat to someone else to make themselves feel special.. whatever.. :rolleyes: I think Carnival should implement the same beverage package as Celebrity has.. and there wouldn't be a problem are these rats sending all those requests to Mr. Heald.. really I personally am sick of hearing and seeing his name on these boards since he doesnt even come here to post:rolleyes:

i'm not real sure who he, Mr. Heald, is and never once thought to find out. :confused:

Yes, it seems like it has just become a place for people to ask for free stuff and special treatment. I don't think that is what John had in mind when he first started the blog. But he has brought it on himself by giving in to all the request.

I agree the beverage package would be a good thing for many.

I've always wondered why people here tell of their success stories. Every cruiseline must be reading CC. Oh well, good luck to you who try. We just bring on the allowed amount of wine and enjoy it in our cabin, usually while getting ready for formal nights.

John Says:

Did you see my blog last week about the one cabin with the 8 water bottles full of vodka and rum?

I also have to say I am surprised that people post their smuggling techniques on a public website……………is that not a bit silly?John

Thanks for the tip John :)

I like how he calls it silly to post smuggling techniques right after he gives one :p

I don't think it matters either way. Smuggling was probably going on long before Gore invented the WWW.

Of course. It's silly to think that Carnival wouldn't realize booze is being smuggled without reading about it on a messageboard.

I could not agree more... I don't see anyone rating on JH for food smuggling:rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, JH promises allot, but really, I do not think he follows through with 1/2 of it.

I didn't ask him for anything on his blog thingy, except to come by to our Meet and Greet.

He said he would not only to me, but to the leader of the CC Group. And yes on his Blog thingy.

We did have 65 cabins booked, so he might have come by and said hi.

Never did see him ever, unless he was announcing some show.

Never saw him walking around saying hi, or anything.

He would pop out on stage, and then be gone with the next breath.

Now it could be that his family had just come on board the week before,

and were with him there on the ship.

But really, I would rather have a fresh new CD trying hard to be the best,

than have the "Best" not doing anything at all.

OK I am sure he was doing something, but I sure didn't see it...

Did it ruin my Dream Cruise, No...

I was expecting something great from all the hype,

I won't make that mistake again.

I wonder if I will see this up on his blog thingy,

Probably not as I don't read it any more :rolleyes:

Archived