Bermuda: July 11th Veendamn

mobyrichard

We (me, DW and two teenagers) will be on this sailing as well - already paid up. Been to Bermuda many times by ship (our favorite place) and spent two weeks on the Veendam last July in Alaska. A great ship - glad she's in NY this summer. The best part is that she docks in Hamilton rather than the West End, and she is not as big and crowded as some of the other ships going to Bermuda. Hope you will be joining us!

Just in the process of booking this cruise. I put a 24 hour hold on two cabins so I need to decide quickly! Any advice on Veendam or Bermuda, particularly the excursions, would be appreciated! :)

Go independent. Call 800 BERMUDA (it's in NY) and request tourist map and info. You'll have all you need to get by and be prepped before you step foot ashore.

We just got back from a week on the Veendam - it was wonderful and it will be hard to think about cruising on anything less that Holland America (we went last year on NCL). We could not have asked for a better experience. The shore excursions can be booked on shore (probably for less if you don't mind doing your own research). We did a snorkel trip offshore that we booked when we got to Hamilton. You can also book all of the these on line. If there is something that you really want to do, book early (when you arrive or online). All of the tours (carriage, etc) had people waiting at the gangway trying to get business. Also the bus system is great and very reasonable; the island is small and you can see a lot of it on the bus. You won't be sorry - wish I go again!:D:D:D

OP, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm dying laughing at how you spelled the name of the ship in the title of your post!

Seriously, you will love Bermuda and HAL. Bermuda is hands down my favorite cruise destination. I took a glassbottom boat island tour with Jessie James cruises as well as a snorkeling cruise with them. Highly recommend both! Here is their website:

http://www.jessiejames.bm

We just got back from a week on the Veendam - it was wonderful and it will be hard to think about cruising on anything less that Holland America (we went last year on NCL). We could not have asked for a better experience. The shore excursions can be booked on shore (probably for less if you don't mind doing your own research). We did a snorkel trip offshore that we booked when we got to Hamilton. You can also book all of the these on line. If there is something that you really want to do, book early (when you arrive or online). All of the tours (carriage, etc) had people waiting at the gangway trying to get business. Also the bus system is great and very reasonable; the island is small and you can see a lot of it on the bus. You won't be sorry - wish I go again!:D:D:D

MAMAFIX - we missed meeting you again! When is your next cruise? Maybe the third time will be the charm!:D

Just checked their webpage and Jesse James Cruises are private charter only in July.

"July thru August: We will operate private charters only on request from groups/families who wish to hire the boat entirely."

So, any other suggestions for great cruise / snorkel options?

Archived