Comparable Ships RCI / NCL

TwoWeebles

Hi, I posted this on the RCI board, but since I am looking for info on family cruising, thought I would try this board as well...

My original post:

"For those of you who have traveled on NCL, (or who just know these things), what are NCL's ships that are comparable to the FREEDOM class and/or the VOYAGER class on Royal?

Thanks!"

I got back only a couple of replies that basically said there was no comparison. Then I wanted to clarify, so I wrote this:

"OH MY! LOL. I have only ever sailed on RCI. I was just interested in the best ship/price for the itinerary and other features we are looking for. We are looking for a family friendly vacation for next year. The only reason I was looking at NCL is because of their Nickelodeon cruises. We decided that the kids will have fun whether or not Nickelodeon is the theme. We are going to be two families traveling together. At the time of the cruise our son will be 7 years old and their daughter will be 8. I am looking for a ship with fun stuff for kids like the H2O zone, water slides, good kids program, etc.

When researching NCL's ships, I didn't really see much of these things, except on the Epic which is $$$$$$$$.

The one thing about NCL that I like over RCI is that they do a 7 day to Bermuda whereas RCI only does a 5 day. My hubby really wants to go to Bermuda, but we have already been there 2 times. Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful island and I would love to go there again, but I would also love to go somewhere I have not been before like St. Thomas and St. Maarten."

OPINIONS PLEASE??

None of NCL's ships compare with the Freedom or Voyager Class on RCI. The only ships from RCI that come close to NCL's ships in terms of all the bells and whistles are the Radiance Class. NCL's Epic compares better to RCI's Oasis and Allure

Archived