Maui Ocean Center

Kimmer727

We went with Roberts in April when we were on the POA. I saw the Princess ship in Lahaina. I think it is too far for a taxi from Lahaina to the Maui Ocean Center, about a 20 minute ride. Unfortunately, I think Roberts is the official excursion line of Princess, so I don't think you can get an independent excursion.

Roberts is the operator for Princess.

Not sure about a taxi form Lahaina, but has to be closer than from Kahului which is where we docked. I did have the advantage of calling my niece to pick us up and take us there.

Renting a car would be an option and maybe a public bus another option.

Too many pictures from our visit beginning about #97 on the first page:

Page4

Page5

Page6

Page7

Page8

Page9

Page10

Page11

Google lists some taxi companies - you could contact a few for quotes:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=lahaina+taxi+service&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=lahaina+taxi&gs_rfai=CKqrAj_UOTO2aB4XUM8vi_dAKAAAAqgQFT9CFeYY&fp=58d5144ca452b83e

Roberts is the operator for Princess.

Not sure about a taxi form Lahaina, but has to be closer than from Kahului which is where we docked. I did have the advantage of calling my niece to pick us up and take us there.

Renting a car would be an option and maybe a public bus another option.

<snip>

Sorry, but no. It's less than 10 miles from Kahului to Ma'alaea, but it's 20 miles from Lahaina to Ma'alaea. The traffic on 30 between Ma'alaea and Lahaina can be a buggah, but we've never had that kind of slow down getting across the island from Kahului to Ma'alaea.

I think the bus might be good. A taxi would be faster, but probably cost at least $80 round-trip. Of course, I'm a big fan of rental cars, but realize that they're not the best choice for everyone.

As an aside, everyone please pray or send good thoughts that the brush fire on Maui is controlled and extinguished quickly. Also please send those prayers and wishes to everyone who has been evacuated to emergency shelters. What made me think of it is that it's around Ma'alaea and 30 isn't even open to traffic today.:eek: So, anyone coming into Lahaina by ship is pretty well stuck on the northern west side (except those few who brave the northern route, which takes at least 2 hours one-way between Lahaina and Kahului). From Lahaina today, Ma'alaea is not an option.:(

beachchick

Has anybody been? Can you take a taxi from the ship? Princess tenders there.....any info would be helpful.

We enjoyed it when we were there last month. I thought it was a little bit pricey, but they will give you a discount if you're a member of AAA (no discount coupon in the Entertainment book, unfortunately).

If you do go, be sure to stick around for the talk they give while they've got a diver in the big tank; very, very interesting/informative!

Sorry, but no. It's less than 10 miles from Kahului to Ma'alaea, but it's 20 miles from Lahaina to Ma'alaea. The traffic on 30 between Ma'alaea and Lahaina can be a buggah, but we've never had that kind of slow down getting across the island from Kahului to Ma'alaea.

I guess you are right - I looked at a map. When did they move Lahaina:confused::p

Archived