Silver Shadow - Vancouver to San Francisco - June 26th

LaVieBoheme

This is our first cruise and we are really looking forward to it - but I have a few of questions:

Is anyone else going? I have been waiting for a roll-call for this cruise and so far it seems to be the only West Coast SS cruise this summer that doesn't have a roll-call.

Any suggestions and/or hints about Alaskan shore excursions? For us the main point of this cruise is just to relax (the iPad is packed with novels) but we'd love to know about any must see excursions.

And most importantly: what are the chances of them showing some of the World Cup games? I seem to remember seeing it stated that they have ESPN ... and I really want to see England lose to Germany on penalties :)

We will also be on this cruise and are looking forward to it! I don't know about the World Cup question but we'll keep fingers crossed. The best shore excursions we've experienced were bear watching in Anan and glacier trek in Juneau. This time we might try some halibut fishing.

Cheers!

My husband and I are sailing on this cruise. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and, although we are seasoned cruisers, it is our first time on Silverseas. What can we expect?

My husband and I are sailing on this cruise. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and, although we are seasoned cruisers, it is our first time on Silverseas. What can we expect?

Kathy:

It would be interesting to know which other cruise lines you've cruised with before. However, let me start by saying that after our first cruise on Royal Carribean, I swore I'd never go on another cruise. However, we took a risk and tried SS last summer for an Alaska trip and it was phenomenal! The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy and had everything we could possible want. In fact, we are doing it again this year!

While the ship draws an older, quieter crowd, we were able to meet many people our age (40s) and developed some friendships that will last forever. The food and entertainment were very good. Our shore excursions were excellent! I highly recommend the Anan bear visit.

As far as expectations, do you have specific interest areas? If not, expect a very laid back, relaxing cruise where you will be pampered and allowed to feel like you are one of only a few blessed people who get to see the beauty of Alaska!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

we are on the same cruise. with england to date i'm not sure we want to view any world cup football. we are looking forward to silverseas they han'nt ever let us down so far

quest couple

Archived