Dawn to Bermuda from Boston 2011

gail-s

Next Summer we're planning on cruising to Bermuda out of Boston with my parents and our 9 year old. We're definitely planning on getting balcony rooms and thinking we'll try to get two next to each other. Since DD will be rooming with us, what is the smallest category room you'd get for 2 adults and 1 child? Any specific area of the boat that you think would be best? We've never taken her on a cruise before, so, this should be an interesting change for all of us.

TIA!

Typically when you get online to book, you'll see the cabin categories listed highest to lowest. So, scroll all the way down to the lowest category and you can select that. It'll be an inside on Deck 4. That is typically the lowest price cabin.

If you're prone to sea-sickness, get a cabin mid-ship where the motion is felt the least. If not, just look at the deck plans to see what may be above you that could have some noise potential (restaurant, gym, pool, etc).

By the way, we've been on the Dawn 4 times (5th time in 3 days ~ whoo hoo!!!) with our kids (now 12 and 7). The crew and staff will absolutely dote over your kids like nothing you've seen. You will all be treated like royalty! Enjoy!

We're definitely going with a balcony room, I was just wondering about the actual size of the rooms. We've had jr suites and balcony rooms on the back of RCCL's ships but our only experience w/ NCL we fell into a handicap room last minute (didn't ask for it, it was the last balcony on the ship and they sold it to me a week before departure) I know our last room was much bigger than a standard balcony room, so, I'm wondering how big they really are. Should we go with a jr suite? Is there a difference in the size of the rooms depending on where you are in the ship?

Archived