Blu Dining

KenM

We are booking the Solstice, We normally book Concierge but we are considering the Aqua class.

We have mixed feelings between Blu and the MDR.

What are the times for the Blu and how is the food different from the MDR.

Blu has what they call flex dining which means you can pretty much eat anytime you wish. The food in Blu is excellent, they have their own galley for the dining room which means they are cooking for 160 at most and not 1000. Sauces are lighter, menu different every night with three items available any night. They will basically make every effort to meet your needs. Breakfast are excellent also. Personally I can't see paying extra for AQ if you are not going to take advantage of Blu which is its biggest perk...

My wife & I really enjoyed Blu. It is a more intimate dining experience as it is much smaller and quieter than the MDR. The food is cooked to order rather than served banquet styles. The actual menu items are fairly similar, but the food seemed better at Blu since it is being cooked to order rather than mass produced. They also use lighter sauces so the food is a bit more healthy, but it is not health food by any means (i.e. there are dishes such as steaks, lamb etc.).

Archived