How long does disembarkation take in Brooklyn?

MKMC

You should be OK with a 1pm flight, but definitely do the self-disembarkation. You might also be wise to pre-arrange for transportation like a car service to meet you at the pier and take you to EWR. It is cutting it a little close if you hit traffic, or if there are any delays to the ship en-route.

I've always found disembarkation in Brooklyn to be pretty good, but the area around the port can become very congested with taxis and whatnot - getting out of the port can take a bit of time.

You should be OK with a 1pm flight, but definitely do the self-disembarkation... .

Respectfully, self disembarkation is not for everyone. You must be able/willing to shelp your own luggage off the ship after you stand in line, waiting for gangways to be secured. Normally, it is a smooth operation, but glitches do occur.

If you are in a Grill category, your disemarkation will be immediately following those who choose self disembarkation, but you won't have to carry off your own luggage, and you will wait in comfort. The time saving would be minimal, and perhaps not worth the hassle of self-disembarkation.

IMHO, self disembarkation is a personal decision best made after all factors are considered.

Regards,

Salacia

You might want to have a chat with the concierge. We had an 12 O'clock flight back home and a chat with the concierge about this (and showing the flight tickets to prove the flight details) resulted in us being given a priority disembarkation.

Having said that I'm pretty sure you'd make it off in good time anyway, especially if you log on and book yourself in on your flight the night before. We found ourselves with time to spare once we arrived at the airport. The disembarkation really was easy.

Alas, we did not have the option of being able to stay in NY another day as we both work and have limited vacation days. A tight squeeze but it worked. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. When our travel agent checked with Air Canada she discovered our 1PM fight was cancelled so we are now on a 2:35 flight. Now my only worry is the possibility of lack of time when we change planes in Toronto.

Kathleen

Thanks for the replies. When our travel agent checked with Air Canada she discovered our 1PM fight was cancelled so we are now on a 2:35 flight. Now my only worry is the possibility of lack of time when we change planes in Toronto.

Kathleen

From my personal experiences, I can say that Air Canada treats its customers abominably when a delay is caused by something outside the airline's control, such as the frequent fog at New York's airports. But if they change your arrangements they will look after you very well, especially when a connecting flight is involved. There are many flights from Toronto to Vancouver and you should have no problem getting re-booked if you miss your original flight. If you're lucky you may even end up in Executive Class if booked in economy.

Thanks for the encouraging words, David. It is really incredible that Air Canada would cancel a flight and not notify the people on it. I understand we have to pick up our bags in Toronto, go through customs and immigration and then go through the boarding process for our flight to Vancouver. Let's hope this isn't too lenghty.

Kathleen

Archived