first night dining options

I am trying to plan when to eat in the Pinnacle, Tamarind and Canneleto. Does it cause a problem with the MDR to eat in one of the other restaurants on the first night or do we need to meet our MDR waiter on the first night?

Marcia

A couple of times we have not eaten in the main dining room on the first night.

They are still tryomg to figure out tables, etc.

If you have have been assigned a particular table and dining time, you might want to stop by the dining room and inform them that you will be eating elsewhere that night and that you will be at your assigned table the next night.

If you have Open Seating -- then you do not need to stop by the dining room.

This trip we were going to eat in the Canaletto on the first night but it was closed because of sailaway BBQ (on the Rotterdam). I also noticed for the first time the MDR dress code was 'casual' on the first night, it was always 'smart casual' in the past, or atleast I thought.

This trip we were going to eat in the Canaletto on the first night but it was closed because of sailaway BBQ (on the Rotterdam). I also noticed for the first time the MDR dress code was 'casual' on the first night, it was always 'smart casual' in the past, or atleast I thought.

Hi There,

I am not aware of any difference on HAL ships between "Smart Casual" and just plain "Casual".

Scott & Karen

The first night has been 'casual' as long as I can remember. Since passengers may not have received their luggage, or unpacked, passengers could well be in their 'traveling clothes' for the first night's dinner. 'Smart Casual' requests collared shirts, where a number could be wearing t-shirts from traveling.

Hi There,

I am not aware of any difference on HAL ships between "Smart Casual" and just plain "Casual".

Scott & Karen

It's always been casual on the first night. Many people haven't received their luggage by dinner time, so it's usually the clothes you travelled in.

Archived