Dreaming

Looks like iam going to have to go my tickets are in, july 13th then a week in the son matias hope its ok there. Can anyone tell me if there is anything to do in the port of rome area as i had a week in rome plus i will have had a couple of drinks tomany at the captains night if i can get served.:cool:

My tickets for the 13th arrived today, very early, perhaps we are the only ones going :eek:

Done rome as well and looking for a easy excursion option from Civitivecchia that would suit a 81 year old.

Looks like iam going to have to go my tickets are in, july 13th then a week in the son matias hope its ok there. Can anyone tell me if there is anything to do in the port of rome area as i had a week in rome plus i will have had a couple of drinks tomany at the captains night if i can get served.:cool:

Hi Sunbather,

According to one of the reviews on this site, Sol Matias is brilliant.

Civitavechia is quite a big town. There is a big indoor market, lots of bars ans restaurants, stalls selling all sorts of souvenirs and a small beach. I have been there twice and think it is very nice and much less stressful than going to Rome:D

You can get a magazine with a map of the town in it as you get off the ship

Linda

Hi sunbather

I`ll let you know what the Son Matias is like,we there for week on the 22nd June before our cruise

Hi sunbather

I`ll let you know what the Son Matias is like,we there for week on the 22nd June before our cruise

Not long now Jim , hope that everything that has gone on, we all have a brilliant Holiday, I'm sure i will make the most of it .... good or bad :D

Nice late start after brekkie stroll round the town few photos back to ship to sunbathe sounds good to me oh and some more free alchol, if there is only a couple of us on the ship wonder if they will upgrade me to a suite with a balcony.

Not long now Jim:)

Linda:)

Counting the days Linda,times just flown by..Hoping for a wee bit of sunshine before I go to top up the tan :)

hi jim going on the dream on the 22nd then to the son matias 29th been to the matias 4 times . it is a brilliant hotel you wont be disapointed .hope the dream is just as good,

Hi groundman,

Yep,led to believe its a brilliant hotel...I`ll make sure they restock the bar before I leave ;)

The Dream will be a Dream :D

Not long now Jim , hope that everything that has gone on, we all have a brilliant Holiday, I'm sure i will make the most of it .... good or bad :D

Can`t be long till you go either RR....Like you I will make the most of it good,bad or indifferent...Have a brill time

Counting the days Linda,times just flown by..Hoping for a wee bit of sunshine before I go to top up the tan :)

Hi groundman,

Yep,led to believe its a brilliant hotel...I`ll make sure they restock the bar before I leave ;)

The Dream will be a Dream :D

Can`t be long till you go either RR....Like you I will make the most of it good,bad or indifferent...Have a brill time

Just in case I done come on here again before we sail (my husband is trying to ban me due to bad reviews!) I hope you have a great first week and hopefully we'll meet you on board. Bring the gas mask just in case! :)

jim iwilltell them to restock in palma for you when ihave finished on the dream.hic.the matias is great hotel ask for high floor room the veiws are fantastic.every room faces the sea. great entertainment youl have agood time at the matias fingers crossed for the dream

Been for my tickets now going to go wth an open mind and enjoy my holiday, as i have waited all year for some relaxing time off. aslong as theres food drink and a sunbed i will be fine, looking foreward to the captains night and putting on my tux. Is this ship big as we were on the celebration last year, we were on deck 7 in a delux this year we are on deck 7.

Been for my tickets now going to go wth an open mind and enjoy my holiday, as i have waited all year for some relaxing time off. aslong as theres food drink and a sunbed i will be fine, looking foreward to the captains night and putting on my tux. Is this ship big as we were on the celebration last year, we were on deck 7 in a delux this year we are on deck 7.

Celebration and Spirit approx 35,000 tons (tonnes - nautical weights - whatever!) and Dream is approx 55,000 tons so there should be significantly more space especially since she's only carrying about 250 more pax at full capacity - so you should be able to find a nice little corner to enjoy a drink or two! Don't know about the relative sizes of the cabins though. Have a great time - and enjoy your 'posh' night out! :D

Archived