Cinnamon Bay

rucruizin

We went to Cinnamon Bay last week. It is a beautiful beach. Only complaint I had was there was not enough time. We were on the beach by 9:30 am and it was deserted. By noon there were maybe a dozen other people. Unfortunatly the waves were rough so we couldn't snorkel. If you find my DHs sunglasses let us know! LOL We didn't get to explore much of the campground area, but it seemed nice enough. Very soft sand, no sea shells, though. There is a resident wild donkey, was told to leave him alone.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, according to a website. We didn't actually see any, but we didn't look for them either. You will love Cinnamon Bay. It is very quiet, sand is super soft, scenery is beautiful.

What song is in the Kenny Chesney video? I will have to watch for it.

celtic,

His new CD is called, "Be As You Are" and all the songs on it are about his love of the Caribbean. The song and video is "Old Blue Chair." "I've watched boats sail in and out of Cinnamon Bay." Makes you want to go there RIGHT NOW! I'm not a huge Country fan, I like it but I relate to KC's songs. You can bet I'll be keeping an eye out for him and/or his boat. Don't even care about an autograph, just want to shake the hand of a someone who loves the Caribbean the way I do and gets to express it to the world.

I've been to Cinnamon Bay and loved it. The trip through the hills and the views are breathtaking on the way. The beach is beautiful with soft white sand, gorgeous water, waves, lush green foliage edging the beach, very peaceful. There were some archeological digs going on when we were there too. There had been a plantation there at one time. I find the history of this island fascinating and intriguing. The only drawback was that time flew by far too quickly. It was just a teaser but is etched in my mind forever.

We are planning to go back to St. John on our cruise in March and are really looking forward to seeing a bit more of the island, this time with my sister and her DH.

Archived