Freedom Of The Seas Wi-Fi

I tried asking this question without starting a new thread but got no response so thought I would be a bit more direct.

The Freedom Class brochure we received from the TA has a heading on page 5 "ROOMS FOR RELAXING". It says, in part "Kick back and enjoy your flat-screen TV and Wi-Fi service". I knew about the flat screen TV but this is the first I have read about wi-fi in the staterooms. So the question is, is this only for certain cabins? Is it part of the "Oasis" upgrade?

Thanks! :)

All Freedom class ships have Wi-Fi in all the staterooms. We have a small laptop we take with us when we cruise. You do have to use one of the computers in the internet cafe on the ship to set up your account the first time but after that, your laptop never has to leave your cabin. However, as stretch44 mentioned, you do have to pay for it. I think the going rate is 55 cents a minute but you can buy internet packages that will lower the per minute price. Some passengers will take their laptop to an internet cafe at the ports for a much more reasonable price if they really want to use the internet and email or whatever.

Tim

On our Liberty sailing 3 years ago, the wi-fi worked just great in our cabin. In fact, i was able to sit on the balcony and get the same speeds I would get at home. It made it very easy for me to IM people back at the office and gloat. ;)

Archived