Barcelona day tour

acdnnewfy

First time to Europe. Can anyone recommend a private tour company that we can use pre cruise when we land in Barcelona at 7:00 am. We would prefer to book with a company that someone has used before and that will pick us and our luggage up at the airport. I assume we need to board the ship around 2pm so we would like to see Barcelona if possible. Thank you

This company has been recommended here on Cruise Critic: http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-city-tour.html

I haven't used them, but I'm considering using them for our trip in October. There are some reviews for them here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1212368

From the reviews I've read, signing up for a small group of 6 - 8 people per tour is the way to go. There are some negative reviews on Trip Advisor for large bus tours.

Spanish Trails is also highly regarded by some here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205844

But they are a bit more pricey. It looks like they charge a flat 290 Euro for the van that you can split 6 or 8 ways, but I don't know if they assist you in finding people to share the van.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I had a five hour tour with Barcelona Great Tours. There standard tour will take you to all the important sites in Barcelona. Since we had been there before, we had some special places we wanted to go. Our guide was Carlos Diaz and he was terrific. The price for the tour was reasonable and we could not have been happier.

First time to Europe. Can anyone recommend a private tour company that we can use pre cruise when we land in Barcelona at 7:00 am. We would prefer to book with a company that someone has used before and that will pick us and our luggage up at the airport. I assume we need to board the ship around 2pm so we would like to see Barcelona if possible. Thank you

We used Barcelona Great Tours in May 2010. Our requirements were the reverse of yours - we were a party of six with enough luggage for a 12 day cruise. Carlos Diaz, our driver-guide, picked us up at the port, loaded our luggage into the back of a large comfortable van and provided us a wonderful private tour of the city. He made restaurant recommendations and even helped us order tapas! He told us about his family and life in this wonderful city. I would not hesitate to use this company again. Enjoy!

I used Barcelona Day Tours last week based on the great feedback I found here from long-time Cruise Critic members - I just haven't had a chance to write a review since my return. They were wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Excellent communication beforehand and everything happened as promised. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best,

Mia

For our Med cruise leaving mid July, I just booked Barcelona Day Tours for an airport shuttle when we arrive.

I am about to book them for a Montserrat tour the day we leave on our cruise. Juan/Martin asked me to put a 50% deposit down. The 9 people on our tour are from all over the country- i haven't even met them yet- typical cruise critic roll call group. I am a bit hesitant to pay for their tour on my cc- I offered him to pay for the three in our party beforehand (in lieu of a 50% deposit). I'm not sure if this will be accepted. I've never had to put a deposit down for any of my private tours and excursions...but I understand the reasoning.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Jill

For our Med cruise leaving mid July, I just booked Barcelona Day Tours for an airport shuttle when we arrive.

I am about to book them for a Montserrat tour the day we leave on our cruise. Juan/Martin asked me to put a 50% deposit down. The 9 people on our tour are from all over the country- i haven't even met them yet- typical cruise critic roll call group. I am a bit hesitant to pay for their tour on my cc- I offered him to pay for the three in our party beforehand (in lieu of a 50% deposit). I'm not sure if this will be accepted. I've never had to put a deposit down for any of my private tours and excursions...but I understand the reasoning.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Jill

That is awkward, but I know what lots of people on my roll call did for Egypt was to do individual deposits with the tour company for the group tour. But I'm surprised at the 50%...for our 9 person Monteserrat tour, I paid a 100 Euro deposit with them.

Best,

Mia

I used Barcelona Day Tours last week based on the great feedback I found here from long-time Cruise Critic members - I just haven't had a chance to write a review since my return. They were wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Excellent communication beforehand and everything happened as promised. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

Hey Mia, I was wondering if BDT picked you up at the airport, or did they come to your hotel? Was it the 4 hour city tour? Did they drop you off at your hotel after the tour?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Mia, I was wondering if BDT picked you up at the airport, or did they come to your hotel? Was it the 4 hour city tour? Did they drop you off at your hotel after the tour?

Thanks,

Dave

We did the full day Monteserrat + Cava Tour with BDT. They picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. They were great about adjusting to our desires along the way as well.

Also, I should note for anyone with kids - they provide car seats on request (it looked brand new - just as the 12 person van did). Our driver and guide, Juan & Alicia, were very good with the kids as well. They are a charming couple.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Mia, your information has been very helpful. I reminded Martin that he gave you a 100 euro deposit and he did the same for us.

We are booked for a 6 hour Montserrat tour the morning and early afternoon of our sailing day. Can't wait! We added an extra hour so we can take the funicular to the top.

I have asked him a few times through email, but he has not responded...I think there might be a bit lost in translation. Do you know- for the other passengers, are they able to pay him in euros or credit cards- or is it euros only?

Thanks again, Jill

Thanks Mia, your information has been very helpful. I reminded Martin that he gave you a 100 euro deposit and he did the same for us.

We are booked for a 6 hour Montserrat tour the morning and early afternoon of our sailing day. Can't wait! We added an extra hour so we can take the funicular to the top.

I have asked him a few times through email, but he has not responded...I think there might be a bit lost in translation. Do you know- for the other passengers, are they able to pay him in euros or credit cards- or is it euros only?

Thanks again, Jill

Hi - I'm not Mia but we used BDT last year and our balance had to be paid in Euros.

Hi - I'm not Mia but we used BDT last year and our balance had to be paid in Euros.

Yes - me too, Euros only. I just reminded everyone in my party a number of times beforehand that they would need to bring the cash Euros with them, and then reminded them again that morning so they could hit the ATM if necessary before the end of the tour.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Mia and MollyAnne! I made sure to let my group know- only euros for payment.

Martin is also doing an airport shuttle for a few ladies in my group, including my mom. I'm glad they will be in good hands- thanks again for the recommendation. I'm not sure if we would have done the trip to Montserrat without the tour.

Archived