Paradise Island Resort All Inclusive Day Pass

GrammyJill

So we will be in Nassau from 7 - 10 pm & have been looking for fun & budget friendly things to do. I have no desire to pay a ton of money to go to Atlantis and am quite confused about all the hotel day passes.

When we went to Cozumel last time we went through Island Marketing to Nachi Cocum. It was the best day we have ever had! Tons of food & the adult libations were a flowing! lol It was so beautiful.

On Island Marketing's website there is a Paradise Island Resort All Inclusive Day Pass excursion. I have run a search with out luck at finding any reviews of this specific option.

Any have any advice about this one?

ok, y'all help me out! We have a number of people going, we may not all be together that day though. We need good cheap, clean & lots of booze & food!

We will be in Nassau 9-7 from 7am - 10pm

thanks all you fabulous CC'ers!

ok, y'all help me out! We have a number of people going, we may not all be together that day though. We need good cheap, clean & lots of booze & food!

We will be in Nassau 9-7 from 7am - 10pm

thanks all you fabulous CC'ers!

Breezes is a better option than Paradise island Harbour resort. There's tons of great info on this forum. Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't made a decision. I tried to call RIU but the operator didn't understand me well enough to help me find out if they offer day passes.

I am pretty decided NOT to do the Island Marketing excursion.

Scubagirrrrrl, do you think there would be enough to do around town & free beach close to port to not worry about planning the day & just let it happen? We go in September.

I still haven't made a decision. I tried to call RIU but the operator didn't understand me well enough to help me find out if they offer day passes.

I am pretty decided NOT to do the Island Marketing excursion.

Scubagirrrrrl, do you think there would be enough to do around town & free beach close to port to not worry about planning the day & just let it happen? We go in September.

There's tons to do.. it's off season, so you can sign up last minute for tours if you choose to.

RiU does have a day pass.. it's $110.. all inclusive. It's not a great property, but it's not bad either.

Theres also great snorkeling trips and sub scooters etc.

www.flyingcloud.info

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

www.stuartcove.com

• 2 months later...

We have used Island Marketing in other ports and have had great times. Paradise Island Resort looked like what are in need of. We are going in November and will have our girls with us (6 and 3) and just need a pool/beach and drinks and food. Doesn't have to be the best place ever just clean and nice people. If anyone has gone would love to know your thoughts. Thinking about taking a taxi over and water taxi back in the afternoon. We are on the NCL Sun and will be there 21 NOV.

Thanks,

Mike

Why not call the Sheridan on Paradise Island, or go on line. I think they have an all inclusive and the beach is beautiful.

There is no longer a Sheraton on Paradise Islands.. it is now the RUI..

The only Sheraton in the Nassau area is the one at Cable Beach. The day pass is $25 pp. and is not an all-inclusive.

We have used Island Marketing in other ports and have had great times. Paradise Island Resort looked like what are in need of. We are going in November and will have our girls with us (6 and 3) and just need a pool/beach and drinks and food. Doesn't have to be the best place ever just clean and nice people. If anyone has gone would love to know your thoughts. Thinking about taking a taxi over and water taxi back in the afternoon. We are on the NCL Sun and will be there 21 NOV.

Thanks,

Mike

you should really check out the reviews on Trip adviser for this place. Its a dump and it's filthy dirty. Personally i wouldn't let my kids touch anything there.

• 1 month later...
you should really check out the reviews on Trip adviser for this place. Its a dump and it's filthy dirty. Personally i wouldn't let my kids touch anything there.

We just returned from our trip and I have to say in our opinion you were very wrong about this resort. We arrived early in the morning for our day pass and were greeted with a pleasant hello. Paid our fee, given towels and told that we could still eat breakfast if we wanted to. Since coming from the cruise ship we had already eaten so we went straight to the pool. We were very impressed with the pool and beach area. Everything was very clean and well kept. The beach was perfect for our two small kids and saw several families of the same type on the beach. We made friends with one of the families that were staying there. We spoke to them about their stay and they had no complaints either. They did say that the rooms were average but did not complain about the cleanliness or the working order of anything. As soon as the bar opened at 11 we were greeted on the beach by a wonderful waitress who took care of us all day. We never had to ask for anything because she was ahead of us every minute. She even suggested certain items off of the menu which she thought the kids would enjoy for lunch. When our day was complete there were taxis waiting out front and it was a quick and easy drive back to the cruise port. We used the bathrooms in the lobby of the hotel to change into and out of our swim wear. They were spotless. Even the bathrooms out by the pool area were clean. We would go back and recommend this as a more cost effective method of spending time in Nassau on a cruise day versus going to Atlantis. If you have tons of money to spend for a short amount of time and you want everything to be 5 star go to Atlantis. If you are ok with a nice place that is clean and the food and drinks are good and you would like to save money for your souveniers and other things then go to the Paradise Island Resort. Hope this helps others that are in the planning stages of upcoming vacations.

Mike

PS They even had a fish feeding session in the afternoon that our girls just loved. It was amazing how many fish showed up once the bread started dropping into the water from the walkway on the water. We have lots of pictures if anyone is interested. The only negative thing that we have to say is that the pool was a little cold for us. Kids loved it though.

Bump for some pics- especially of the beach area!

We did this through Island Marketing who specializes in shore excursions all over the Caribbean. We have used them in Cozumel and in Belize and never had a problem with them. It was 50.00 per adult and 35.00 for my 6 year old and free for my 3 year old. You book through their web site to make the reservation with a deposit of a small portion I think like 30.00 or so and then you pay the resort directly for the rest upon arrival. I paid by credit card at the front desk. You just show them the reservation from Island Marketing and then pay the difference. They give you your armbands and towels and you are off to enjoy your day. If you would like me to send you some pictures please give me your email address and I will forward them. The pictures on the below website are pretty accurate. http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/IslandMarketingLtd.htm

Mike

We just returned from our trip and I have to say in our opinion you were very wrong about this resort. We arrived early in the morning for our day pass and were greeted with a pleasant hello. Paid our fee, given towels and told that we could still eat breakfast if we wanted to. Since coming from the cruise ship we had already eaten so we went straight to the pool. We were very impressed with the pool and beach area. Everything was very clean and well kept. The beach was perfect for our two small kids and saw several families of the same type on the beach. We made friends with one of the families that were staying there. We spoke to them about their stay and they had no complaints either. They did say that the rooms were average but did not complain about the cleanliness or the working order of anything. As soon as the bar opened at 11 we were greeted on the beach by a wonderful waitress who took care of us all day. We never had to ask for anything because she was ahead of us every minute. She even suggested certain items off of the menu which she thought the kids would enjoy for lunch. When our day was complete there were taxis waiting out front and it was a quick and easy drive back to the cruise port. We used the bathrooms in the lobby of the hotel to change into and out of our swim wear. They were spotless. Even the bathrooms out by the pool area were clean. We would go back and recommend this as a more cost effective method of spending time in Nassau on a cruise day versus going to Atlantis. If you have tons of money to spend for a short amount of time and you want everything to be 5 star go to Atlantis. If you are ok with a nice place that is clean and the food and drinks are good and you would like to save money for your souveniers and other things then go to the Paradise Island Resort. Hope this helps others that are in the planning stages of upcoming vacations.

Mike

PS They even had a fish feeding session in the afternoon that our girls just loved. It was amazing how many fish showed up once the bread started dropping into the water from the walkway on the water. We have lots of pictures if anyone is interested. The only negative thing that we have to say is that the pool was a little cold for us. Kids loved it though.

Glad you had a good time. Last I was on the property (fall of this year), the pool was green with algae and missing tiles, the hot tub was filthy, there were no towels (for several hours), Chairs so grimey that your towel stuck to it when you got up and the beach view was debris stuck in the fence surround at low tide. Even the lobby smelled of lysol trying to cover the musty smell. Hardly "paradise" in my eyes.

The only decent thing I'd have to say is that the food is pretty good at the bar, but their off label rum gives me an instant headache.

There are other alternatives besides Atlantis.

My e-mail is susieq76@optonline.net - I'd love pics please!

I think I am going to book it. The Kaliks my husband drinks are $5 a pop and he can drink a bunch of them. I think the other places will cost us a fortune! Also, my kids love the ocean a little too much so I feel safer with their first experience being in a low wave area.

Glad you had a good time. Last I was on the property (fall of this year), the pool was green with algae and missing tiles, the hot tub was filthy, there were no towels (for several hours), Chairs so grimey that your towel stuck to it when you got up and the beach view was debris stuck in the fence surround at low tide. Even the lobby smelled of lysol trying to cover the musty smell. Hardly "paradise" in my eyes.

The only decent thing I'd have to say is that the food is pretty good at the bar, but their off label rum gives me an instant headache.

There are other alternatives besides Atlantis.

I understand there are other places other than Atlantis. This was the right choice for us though. As I said we are not that picky. It was clean, pool was clean, food was good and drinks were good and plentiful. The hot tub had some leaves in that had fallen but was clean other than that. Pool was clean and in fact the life guards were cleaning it when we got there that morning. I would recommend this place to others and would go back.

My e-mail is susieq76@optonline.net - I'd love pics please!

I think I am going to book it. The Kaliks my husband drinks are $5 a pop and he can drink a bunch of them. I think the other places will cost us a fortune! Also, my kids love the ocean a little too much so I feel safer with their first experience being in a low wave area.

I will try and send you some tonight. They had another beer there not Kalik but it was very good. They had a regular and a light both on draft. I don't remember the name of it but I had a few of them (hence not remembering the name). :) My wife drank wine and the kids milk, water or virgin daiquiris.

Archived