Azamara's "More Inclusive Amenities"

CA Oceanfront

I just received a promotional email from Azamara Club Cruises, calling specific attention to Azamara's "More Inclusive Amenities" which include, among other things, "Azamara's boutique red and white wines poured at lunch and dinner, housekeeping, dining and bar gratuities included, and bottled waters, sodas, specialty coffees and teas offered at no charge throughout the voyage in public venues and staterooms."

We sailed on the "old" Azamara back in January of 2009, and I don't recall any of these enhanced amenities. Could someone familiar with the "new" Azamara Club Cruises please fill me in on these new goodies?

Thanks!

I just received a promotional email from Azamara Club Cruises, calling specific attention to Azamara's "More Inclusive Amenities" which include, among other things, "Azamara's boutique red and white wines poured at lunch and dinner, housekeeping, dining and bar gratuities included, and bottled waters, sodas, specialty coffees and teas offered at no charge throughout the voyage in public venues and staterooms."

We sailed on the "old" Azamara back in January of 2009, and I don't recall any of these enhanced amenities. Could someone familiar with the "new" Azamara Club Cruises please fill me in on these new goodies?

Thanks!

Just got off the end of May (Quest). They started the new amenities April 1 and they are great! Yes, gratituties are included for housekeeping, room steward, waiters, etc. They did, indeed, pour wine freely at lunch and dinner. Soda in your refrigerator of your choice and three one-liter bottles of water on your desk at all times, repleneshed as used. Speciality coffee, tea, and soft drinks everwhere and at all times. I imagine there is still a gratituty added to alcoholic drinks. The "new" CLUB Azamara is simply the best in evey way. Hope that helps.

Jennie

is that correct that there is now no 18% charge on alcoholic drinks from the bars?this was one of the things there were a lot of complaints about !

Yes. Was on the Journey T/A in April. No gratuities on drinks and the prices were $5 and $6. Very reasonable.

thank you for clarifying that for me ,good news, we felt last year that the 18% was a bit excessive. maybe they have realised that the biggest majority of passengers were simply not buying alcoholic drinks and that this might encourage people to try a pre dinner cocktail!!

The wine is free in any of the dining venues (main dining room, specialty restaurants and the windows cafe/breezes during lunch and dinner times). Technically you have to be in one of those areas. You won't get the free wine at the pool bar. You can walk to Windows and either sit at the bar (which we did daily) or get a glass and go back to your lounger by the pool. We had one waitress we all got to know who very kindly would do the trips for us (for which we tipped her extra).

:confused:

We are considering an Azamara cruise (our first, though frequent cruisers on other lines) and are wondering about the quality/origin of the wines they are now including. We are just hoping they are doing regional wines which is something generally missing on others.

Looking forward to (maybe) our first Azamara, although not our first with Celebrity line) cruise!!

We took the Miami - Barcelona voyage in April, and we enjoyed all of the goodies. Most impressive (to me) was the Internet Package. I bought the least expensive Internet package at about $50 for 89 minutes, which was credited back to my account at the end of the cruise. So I had FREE Internet access anywhere on the ship. Easy log-in, easy log-off. Great, helpful and patient young woman in the Internet Café.

We took the Miami - Barcelona voyage in April, and we enjoyed all of the goodies. Most impressive (to me) was the Internet Package. I bought the least expensive Internet package at about $50 for 89 minutes, which was credited back to my account at the end of the cruise. So I had FREE Internet access anywhere on the ship. Easy log-in, easy log-off. Great, helpful and patient young woman in the Internet Café.

May I ask.....I took the liberty of viewing your pictures from April...very nice. Did you have a sunset veranda......stern cabin on deck 6? If so, how did you like it? I have one booked for a future cruise.

We did the reverse trip - Barcelona to Miami in Dec. and loved it!

Archived