Downtown Miami 3* for $46/night - ID?

Maple_Girl

Maple Girl - did you get your room at the IC? I just got mine. Be sure to check back with their website as they didn't send me an e-mail or anything to let me know... Just posted about it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220004

My fingers are crossed that you get your room... it's only because of your decoding post that I even went to Last Minute Travel... thanks!

Thanks Clover. I have not gotten the rooms yet, I think. Besides the credit card charge, how could you tell that yours went through? On the My Account page the two nights are listed as previous reservations. Is there a way to check online to see if they were accepted? My credit card still has a hold on it for the nights, so I guess they haven't gone through yet. I really hope I get them. I looks like a great hotel. Congrats on your acceptance!

Thanks Clover. I have not gotten the rooms yet, I think. Besides the credit card charge, how could you tell that yours went through? On the My Account page the two nights are listed as previous reservations. Is there a way to check online to see if they were accepted? My credit card still has a hold on it for the nights, so I guess they haven't gone through yet. I really hope I get them. I looks like a great hotel. Congrats on your acceptance!

When I click on the "details" tab on the My Account page it shows that they are still attempting to secure the room. However, on the left side of that page there are links for "receipt" and "voucher". When I click on those, that's where I can see a confirmation number. Not sure if those options were there before or not because I never checked. I really thought they would e-mail me something.

Fingers still crossed!

Thanks. Yes, the hotel 'amenities' are laughable. Although, I'm shocked to see that they offer room service. I'm really glad I was able to find out what hotel it was before I made my decision.

I've jumped on the Intercontinental offer that a few folks are getting from LMT.

can you point the way to the Intercontinental offer? We're needing to book our Downtown Miami hotel still.

Miss Rabbit - go to last minute travel dot com and search 4 and 5 star hotels in Miami. Everyone says that the Intercontinental is usually the first one shown - but to be sure you can follow the steps given by Maple Girl below. I also found a good deal at the Marriott on Travel Zoo.

Never mind, I found it. It is the Midtown Inn. Looks sketchy!

Here's how I found the hotel name. Found this posting on FlyerTalk Forums:

No need to Google, or to guess You don't have to Google or to guess to determine what the mystery hotels are.

LastMinuteTravel is owned by a Florida company called Tourico Holidays. Tourico has their own site that exposes the hotel ID's, which are the same across sites.

So, for example, when you click on LMT for the 2* Kissamee deal, you go to a page with this URL:

Code:

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

Note the Hotel ID is 1739.

Now, plug it into this URL

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=____&provider=localTgsProvider

replacing the underscores with the ID from above. In my example, that's:

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

It's exposed as the Howard Johnson of Kissamee. This should work for all the deals, and any other LMT "undercover" hotel.

(Link to the post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11885582-post37.html)

Thanks Swag!!

can you point the way to the Intercontinental offer? We're needing to book our Downtown Miami hotel still.

Much in regards to availibility and price depends on when you need the room. Unless you are looking at exact dates, you can't always compare to othe poster's deals.:) Good luck.

When I click on the "details" tab on the My Account page it shows that they are still attempting to secure the room. However, on the left side of that page there are links for "receipt" and "voucher". When I click on those, that's where I can see a confirmation number. Not sure if those options were there before or not because I never checked. I really thought they would e-mail me something.

Fingers still crossed!

s

I have the same thing. To be sure I just called Intercontinental. They have my reservations!!! I asked them to email me the confirmations for my files. Looks like everything is in order. Hurray!

Hmmm... just tried the website- awesome code breaking BTW!

The IC is not available right yet- they will let me know w/in 48 hrs. I think DH and I must be traveling during the wrong season because I keep having issues snagging us a good deal while everyone else is doing so well. Darn you July travel month :D

Will try again later if needed- hopefully I will find something in the next day or two :)

I tried booking the IC yesterday for 9/24 and got the same message. Got a confirmation email this morning and my credit card was charged. I called the IC to confirm and all was good. Got it for $75.

I LOVE this site! Great hint from MapleGirl and great advice from eandj...

While waiting my 48 hours to see if the IC lastminutetravel deal gets confirmed, I went to Travel Zoo and got the Marriott Biscanye Bay for $89 a night. I can cancel the Marriott (yes, I checked the restrictions/cancellation policy) if the IC doesn't come through. I'm sure the IC is nicer but I can live with the Marriott! :)

We had the Marriott booked because DW got a $100 gift cert from work. Well, we lost the cert, so I cancelled when I got my IC confirmantion.

Yay Maple Girl!

I'm so glad it worked out. So weird that LMT doesn't send an e-mail or anything...Have a wonderful trip!

Thestapels... hope you have a great time too! Looking forward to checking out the IC.

Miss Rabbit - go to last minute travel dot com and search 4 and 5 star hotels in Miami. Everyone says that the Intercontinental is usually the first one shown - but to be sure you can follow the steps given by Maple Girl below. I also found a good deal at the Marriott on Travel Zoo.

SWEET!! Thank you and thanks MapleGirl for the heads up on the ID. For the time i want to go (halloween), the Intercontinental is $87 + tax. Since i'm not too terribly picky on the hotel, i'm going to try for a 4 star downtown miami hotel on Priceline first. If i can't get one for less than $87, i'll snag the one from lastminutetravel.

I have stayed at the intercontinental before and it's nice. It is within walking distance to Bayside Marketplace which is nice. This time we are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay so I hope we like it as well. Have a great trip !

I cant for the life of me get the code thing to work . The description matches the IC perfectly. The number was 917 in the Url.No I am not computer savy but if you could let me know I would appreciate it.Sorry didnt mean to hijack

Thanks.One more question.I assume pretty much know this is a non harbor view.Do you know if when you get there if you could upgrade? DH wants a view but I can't cough up the 359 the IC wants for harbor view

When I called the hotel I was told that the water views are more expensive but I could ask the front desk for a North View when I checked in. It also never hurts to smile and ask about an upgrade. ;)

yup a smile and friendly small talk can go a long way towards getting an upgrade. "do you know if there are any rooms with a view of the ocean?"

or my fave..(in a cheerful happy manner) "we've had a looonngggggg exhausting flight here and are really looking forward to relaxing in our room."

of course, bring up that it's our anniversary, just in small talk.... *wink*

• 1 month later...
Never mind, I found it. It is the Midtown Inn. Looks sketchy!

Here's how I found the hotel name. Found this posting on FlyerTalk Forums:

No need to Google, or to guess You don't have to Google or to guess to determine what the mystery hotels are.

LastMinuteTravel is owned by a Florida company called Tourico Holidays. Tourico has their own site that exposes the hotel ID's, which are the same across sites.

So, for example, when you click on LMT for the 2* Kissamee deal, you go to a page with this URL:

Code:

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

Note the Hotel ID is 1739.

Now, plug it into this URL

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=____&provider=localTgsProvider

replacing the underscores with the ID from above. In my example, that's:

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

It's exposed as the Howard Johnson of Kissamee. This should work for all the deals, and any other LMT "undercover" hotel.

(Link to the post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11885582-post37.html)

Thanks Swag!!

Looks like this has been "fixed". No longer able to view the hotel name.

• 2 months later...

Archived