Concierge Aft verses Large Balcony Aqua?

doktor

Ok, give me your opinions!!!

Thanks!!!!

Go for the large balcony AQ -- it's a no brainer. We were in 1606. It's a great area of the ship near the aft elevators -- up to the buffet, down to the martini bar.

And agree with Wine-O; to me, it's a no-brainer... In addition to dining in Blu--which I personally prefer to the Main Dining Room--those cabins on the hump closest to the midships elevator lobby [i've had 1599, 1603, will sail in 1608 in less than two weeks, and have 1605 booked for 3 cruises in November 2010 and July/August 2011] can't be beat for verandah size and convenience... If there is a downside, it's that they can be quite shady...

I didn't personally care for the aft [Solstice 1674, one of the ones with a slightly wider verandah]... Unless you choose one of the afts on Resort Deck, there is no shelter from the sun [but those are immediately beneath the outdoor dining section of the Oceanview Cafe]... If you choose one of the afts on a lower deck, there is no privacy from above or below [the rear of the ship slopes downward to the water line]... While I loved the view of the wake while at sea, I missed seeing activity while in port [on my sailing, we always docked nose in]... The aft cabin have periodic problems with soot on the verandah [i believe it varies with winds and weather; the stewards are well aware of the issue and do attend to it]... And then, it's a long hike to anywhere [though I can always use the exercise!]... I wouldn't say that I'd never book one again--they're great cabins--but my own preference is for AquaClass/Blu with one of the cabins on an angle...

If you are interested in Concierge Class amenities, the Main Dining Room, and a stateroom on one of the angles, look at the C2 offerings.

Xport, I have the choice of 7258 or 8222 on the Silhouette. The balcony square footage is listed the same (54sq. ft.) although one is "on the hump" and the other is not. Am I misunderstanding your post above?

Xport, I have the choice of 7258 or 8222 on the Silhouette. The balcony square footage is listed the same (54sq. ft.) although one is "on the hump" and the other is not. Am I misunderstanding your post above?

According to the deck plans, 7258 is on the angle and has a larger balcony, bed by the balcony. 8222 is the first stateroom forward of the angle and has a standard size balcony -- bed by the bath..

Thx Wine-O, How do I find a diagram of that set-up? (bed by the balcony)

Take a look at the deck plans. All the staterooms alternate bed by balcony/bath/balcony/bath, etc. In the case of 7258, 7260 has a fold out sofa bed. All these are by the balcony, thus the bed is by the bath. So, 7258 must be by the balcony.

In the case of 8222, count from 8226 (Bath), 8224 (Balcony), 8222 (Bath). Additionally, 8222 has an upper berth. Those fold down from the ceiling and are always by the balcony.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000hKIFVPWCAaEEBB75gJl506p:12hdbcuh7?shipCode=SI

the agent at Celebrity said the balcony on "hump" was the same exact square footage as anywhere else in that class. The only difference was one was closer to the elevator, that's the reason for the price increase also.

Many people here have said the balconies were larger on the "hump". I would just like to find out the facts before I book. But perhaps it will not be that easy. lol

the agent at Celebrity said the balcony on "hump" was the same exact square footage as anywhere else in that class. The only difference was one was closer to the elevator, that's the reason for the price increase also.

Many people here have said the balconies were larger on the "hump". I would just like to find out the facts before I book. But perhaps it will not be that easy. lol

Forget "hump" and think "angle." Angle = larger. Trust me. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Truly Wino, cause this is costing me $200 more a cruise and we are booking a back to back, so that's $400.

What cabin is costing you $200 more the angle, 7158 which has the large balcony? You have to make that choice -- whether you want a larger balcony or not. 7158 is a 1A whereas 8222 is a 1C (standard balcony).

Many CC cruisers have reported on the larger balconies on the hump. Check out the Solstice sticky for full reports. As many can attest, those that man the phones at Celebrity often have not even set foot on the ships and have no first hand knowledge of the ships. Trust us!!

Everyone has their own preferences. Loved our aft with a large balcony but now going to try Aquaclass. Please report back and let us know how you liked the aft.

I love the aft have sailed with an aft cabin many times. I know the balcony is not as large on the new ships, but I am going to keep the booking I have for next March. I have looked at all of large balconies in aqua class on Sandi's speadsheat and see notes about noise from deck above, and window washing machine. I do not know if Blu is that important to us. We loved Qsine's, but unfortuately will not have on our March sailing.

Thanks to all

I'm just back from the Equinox where we had a C3 cabin. I had considered an aft cabin, but having seen the aft balconies (from above on deck 14) I'm glad I did not book one because all of the aft balconies are completely uncovered. No roof. With no shade it's going to be mighty hot out there. Some people have reported soot problems on the aft balconies, and of course, nosy people can look down on you from the railing on decks 14 and 15. Just something to consider.

Archived