ES - A different scenario

croozlady

Has anyone had this happen?

I just submitted my first price drop form for ES... Yay me! It was $20 for 1/2, no change for pax3....

I just received the confirmation that it was approved, but....

they say "Your Early Saver request has been approved! Confirmations showing the rate adjustment have been issued to the email address provided. I found that current rates are actually showing $819 per person 1/2 and $269 for the 3rd guest. These are the rates I've provided."

We booked at $969 for 1/2 and $419 for pax 3... so instead of the $40.00 difference I was expecting we are way down ($450.00)..... Hurray!!

Weird thing is... If I do a fake booking I still come up with the $949 and $419. I don't see where they are getting the new prices... SO my question now is... When I keep looking for price drops now I need to look at the $819 and $269 prices they are showing from wherever, not the $949 and $419 I was expecting and still see, right?

Can anyone else come up with their figures somehow? Am I missing something, or should I just keep my mouth shut and run? LOL

TIA!:D

On Saturday, our price dropped but only by $10 each. I sent in the form and got the standard email back telling me they had received my email. I will know in 2-3 days. Then, on Sunday, I see the price dropped again by another $20 each. I did the same thing and sent in a second form and received the same email back. The funny part is, that when i went back to check Carnivals site, the price was back to the $10 off price of Saturday. I just got off the phone with my Carnival agent who informed me that i was indeed correct. The price has gone down a total of $30 each. He also informed me that sometimes the webpage can lag for days so if i ever see a price change, no matter for how long, to send in the request. He said his personal webpage and the one we see are totally different and that his is up to date at all times. Hope this helps.

Thanks, yes that is good to know... even more reason to do a print screen with date and time on it just in case.

However, I am still unclear which price I should be watching for any future price drops...

Fire, any words of wisdom on this one?

Has anyone had this happen?

I just submitted my first price drop form for ES... Yay me! It was $20 for 1/2, no change for pax3....

I just received the confirmation that it was approved, but....

they say "Your Early Saver request has been approved! Confirmations showing the rate adjustment have been issued to the email address provided. I found that current rates are actually showing $819 per person 1/2 and $269 for the 3rd guest. These are the rates I've provided."

We booked at $969 for 1/2 and $419 for pax 3... so instead of the $40.00 difference I was expecting we are way down ($450.00)..... Hurray!!

Weird thing is... If I do a fake booking I still come up with the $949 and $419. I don't see where they are getting the new prices... SO my question now is... When I keep looking for price drops now I need to look at the $819 and $269 prices they are showing from wherever, not the $949 and $419 I was expecting and still see, right?

Can anyone else come up with their figures somehow? Am I missing something, or should I just keep my mouth shut and run? LOL

TIA!:D

Did you also check any of the Promo Rates (55+, State Resident, Past Guest ) that you might be eligible for?

what State do you live in??

Is this for your Feb 2011 Liberty Cruise??

What Category?

ken

I've submitted ES forms several times in the past month. Twice the credit they gave me was for more than I requested (apparently it dropped lower than what I saw some time between the time I submitted it and they processed it and I benefitted from the lower price). I would just take it and be happy with it. :)

On Saturday' date=' our price dropped but only by $10 each. I sent in the form and got the standard email back telling me they had received my email. I will know in 2-3 days. Then, on Sunday, I see the price dropped again by another $20 each. I did the same thing and sent in a second form and received the same email back. The funny part is, that when i went back to check Carnivals site, the price was back to the $10 off price of Saturday. I just got off the phone with my Carnival agent who informed me that i was indeed correct. The price has gone down a total of $30 each. He also informed me that sometimes the webpage can lag for days so if i ever see a price change, no matter for how long, to send in the request. He said his personal webpage and the one we see are totally different and that his is up to date at all times. Hope this helps.[/quote']

Your PVP is correct in that the "Consumer" website for booking is NOT on "real time" in comparison to what the reps. are looking at, thus sometimes the denial of ES could be very possible, or on the other hand, the rates are actually LOWER than what is being seen on the consumers website. Either way... send in those forms if you think you are eligible for lower fares or some OBC....you may get a pleasant surprise of more $avings than you thought you were going to get ! :)

Ken,

Yes it's for the 2011 Feb Liberty cruise. We are in an 8F, and I have checked all eligible rates (past guest and Mass, we are not 55+ yet).

Thanks for the insight! I am thrilled, I keep looking at th confirmation to be sure it is mine... LOL

So, to be sure, I should be checking based on the $819 and $269 going forward, right?

Ken,

Yes it's for the 2011 Feb Liberty cruise. We are in an 8F, and I have checked all eligible rates (past guest and Mass, we are not 55+ yet).

Thanks for the insight! I am thrilled, I keep looking at th confirmation to be sure it is mine... LOL

So, to be sure, I should be checking based on the $819 and $269 going forward, right? Yes! those are your new "ES Rates".

I checked rates and couldn't find the ones they came-up with. That's a pretty healthy drop for a cruise that far out!!! I'd keep checking, but hard to believe they'll drop below those rates unless the cruise is booking v-e-r-y slow toward the end!!!!

I DO see a Past guest 7C for $819, but the PAX3 and PAX4 rate doesn't match-up. I'd keep any eye on "My Booking" on carnival.com had occasionally check the rate and verify the Cabin Category!!!

ken

Thanks all....

I had signed up for the genie, and got an email about the $20 drop, but nothing about this one, that's another reason I was questioning it....

I will continue to check for drops on the new prices...., but this is already above and beyond anything I was expecting.... what a day!

I just got home and checked my booking on carnival.com.

Great news! It still has my same room number and category info, but definitely shows the new pricing and balance...

I am all smiles over here!!!

Wish my roll call was more active, I'd make sure they all knew about it too!

the price of our glory cruise in Feb 2011 dropped too. I called my PVP straight away and got the form filled out and sent off. Then I emailed the rest of the group and let them know. Mom found out even the interline rate( for past/ present airline employees and military etc.) dropped too so they even got the 30 pp back even though they had not booke ES. Now the wait begins to see if they accepted the price drop form if not I printed a copy of the price off the Carnival website and will fight it if they don't...30 buck is 30 bucks but when you are dealing witha large group it is alot more then that...I love price drops:D

Your mom is eligible for rate reductions up till final payment date even if not booked under ES rates (if qualifying for certain rate codes) and w/out all those silly forms to fill out ;).... Tell her to keep watching for rate drops she is eligible for !

Archived