People Mover in Venice

maggie3

We were in Venice 3 weeks ago and I confirm what EuroCruiser says.

The people mover is operating from Tronchetto to Pizzale Roma, but the intermediate station at the port is not completed and looks to be some time off before it will become operational. The "train" simply by-passes it.

Your cruise line will probably offer a shuttle service (at a cost) or it is about a 15-20 minute walk.

We were in Venice 2 years ago and took the Vaporetto all over including all the islands. We had a 3 day pass and were able to get on and off everywhere. That said I really do not remember if any of the Vaporetto routes go to the cruise ship port area. Does anyone Know?

We were in Venice 2 years ago and took the Vaporetto all over including all the islands. We had a 3 day pass and were able to get on and off everywhere. That said I really do not remember if any of the Vaporetto routes go to the cruise ship port area. Does anyone Know?

None of them do. See http://www.veniceforvisitors.com

There is a waterbus service from St mark's to the terminal- the alilaguna M line.

We took the #1 line to/from P. Roma. From there it was an easy 20 min walk to our ship.

Archived