Enchantment of Seas Cabin Question?

momesu

While on Mariner of Seas last week I booked 5 cabins for the Christmas Cruise on the newly stretched Enchantment of the Seas. Now I am wondering if the cabins I booked are under the deck plan currently in effect or the "stretched" plan. Any one have any idea how I might be able to find out? I've seen two different deck plans but don't know which is which.:cool: The RCI site is of no help as the two deck plans they give you--the before and after stretch--are identical. The plan the booking agent gave me and showed me while on Mariner was different. I want to be sure that I get the cabins I booked by their location not their number. HELP!!!!:eek:

Suzanne

Suzanne-

I had the same question a few weeks ago when we booked a Canada cruise for Sep.

From what I can tell- and RCCL and others on the board can tell me- the deck plan that is currently shown on their website is the new deck plan. I realize they show the same deck plan for before and after the stretch but I'm guessing that's some sort of computer glitch.

If you look at a brochure from 2004 it shows deck 8 with no D1 cabins. The website shows deck 8 with a block of D1's in the middle of the deck-- which I believe are the new cabins.

I had to change my original booking as I was after an aft JS- got one on the new deck plan now (I think!)

hope this helps

Thank you! I guess I need to contact someone. On the new layout on web site the cabin numbers have all changed and I won't have what I thought I signed up for. Seems to me RCI would have had their act togeter and used the correct deck plan to sell cabins but I guess they didn't!

I was a little surprised as well. When I first went to book the trip I didn't even know the "stretch" was in the works. Then I started to read up on the ship and discovered what was happening. Called RCI back and was advised "no cabin #'s will change" which, upon reflection, made zero sense. How can you add cabins and not change numbers?

got on to the CC board and with some searches and members input finally got it figured out (I hope!). I'm a little surprised as well that RCCL didn't have it more together-- many people are concerned about cabin location for very valid and various reasons. Now my concern is that they'll bump us out of my current aft cabin to make way for someone else that thinks they booked one....but discovered they changed the numbers and they are now mid-ship. I'm going to print out my reservation which reflects aft cabin # so I've got some proof- probably being paranoid but we really want to be aft for several reasons and I'll be very disappointed if we end up somewhere else.

If you booked through an agent they should be able to help you. Not sure why I booked direct- guess because it was Sunday and I was anxious to snag that cabin!

Archived