How to book adjoining rooms? I have searched & searched...

routonc

This is probably a really silly question. I've searched all over this board for info on "book connecting cabins", "book adjoining cabins", "book two cabins" and while I find a lot of info nothing tells me HOW to do it. I'm planning a cruise on Carnival Elation to Mexico and our son will be 18 at the time of the cruise. We'd like to do a connecting room or a room across the hall. Can that be done online (I can't find a way on their website) or do we need to call Carnival in order to book?

Thanks.

Christina in AL

This is probably a really silly question. I've searched all over this board for info on "book connecting cabins", "book adjoining cabins", "book two cabins" and while I find a lot of info nothing tells me HOW to do it. I'm planning a cruise on Carnival Elation to Mexico and our son will be 18 at the time of the cruise. We'd like to do a connecting room or a room across the hall. Can that be done online (I can't find a way on their website) or do we need to call Carnival in order to book?

Thanks.

Christina in AL

Is your son going to be alone in one of the cabins? If yes he is not old enough as per Carnival guidelines.

Is your son going to be alone in one of the cabins? If yes he is not old enough as per Carnival guidelines.

I am pretty sure the rules have changed to allow this now...I found this on CC posted recently>>Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well :)

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

When our children sail with us, they get a cabin next to ours. We've never done adjoining, just next door. The 1st time, they were 10, 15 & 18.

However, are you planning on booking a cabin for him alone? I get the impression that would be really pricey for a single person.

• 2 years later...
What is a PVP.

I know TA = Travel Agent, but PVP?

PVP = Personal Vacation Planner. Its like your own person Carnival travel agent that you can have handle all your cruise details. They are Carival Employees and you can request one through Carnival.

Personal vaction planner they are fabulous.... I dont think we are allowed to advertise on here which one we use .... Heres the deal when you sign up for the vifp club on the carnival and place your email and phone number one will call you.... Its much better than using web site or the 1800 number.. These individuals are employeed by carnival and seem to be MUCH better with customer service... Once you get one youll never go back to the website again... Wish i could refer ours on here hes fantastic

Archived