Southwest Checkin question

For lack of a better place to put this...

I have gone back and forth about spending $50.00 to get EB checkin on southwest. The problem is my wife demands that the kids sit by us somewhere. I would be perfectly happy to scatter them throughout the plane so others can watch them for me.

If I want to do the 24 hour check in, do I just have to do it once for all five of us? The form lists the itinerary number, first and last name. All 5 tix were purchased together, I assume I can just check us all in at once under the itinerary number and my name?

The reason I ask this: 24 hours (exactly) prior to our boarding time(s) I will be nowhere near a computer. However, I can check in via blackberry by bookmarking the page, filling in the data and hitting Submit. Since I will be driving, my wife will be operating the berry and she's not as familiar with it as I am (Stupid BB Storm. I hate it.)

It seems cheap to avoid spending $50.00 after spending thousands on a cruise, but really, thats like 9 DoD's. I have priorities.

Just be sure to have her check the boxes by each name when checking in. I forgot to check DH's name when I was checking in and when we got to the airport and went to get our boarding passes it only printed out mine. THAT'S when I found out that I hadn't checked the boxes by BOTH names.

I would also go with the EB. We did it on our last cruise and got A23 & A24 we had our pick of seats and lots of room to store our carry-on bags, very much worth the $10 per person.

pending the age of your children, if they are young - they let families with young children board between groups A & B which would definately get you seating together.

If they aren't - then you need to do the 24 hr checkin - if on one itinerary - thats all you have to do -and select all passengers.......

Have someone back home check in for you. Just make sure that person has all the info you need, like flight, Southwest number and password, etc. You can print out boarding passes at the airport.

Just did this. I gave my sister the confirmation codes and the information and she checked us in 24 hours ahead of time. We did as you recommend and got our boarding passes at the airport.

Have someone back home check in for you. Just make sure that person has all the info you need, like flight, Southwest number and password, etc. You can print out boarding passes at the airport.

I don't trust anyone this much.. :) If I do this, and it gets forgotten or screwed up, I'm to blame. Don't want to be to blame, if you understand where I'm coming from.

I can easily do it over my blackberry, just wanted to make sure I can check everyone in at one shot.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

I fly Southwest all the time. Even if you wait until 12 hours before the flight to check in, you will end up boarding in the B group and find plenty of seats together in the back of the plane. Unless you care about being up front, there's no need to pay for early check-in or panic if you can't manage to check in at the 24-hour mark.

No problem checking everyone in at one shot, as long as you reserved together. The BlackBerry should work fine. I check in on my iPhone and print boarding passes at the counter when we arrive.

Happy travels!

Archived