Celebrity Summit - Dec 11 - San Juan

Kruz Guys

Any other gay or gay-friendly travelers on this trip? We are a GWM couple wanting to meet other fun gay / gay-friendly people on this cruise. Looking forward to a great trip with wonderful people.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a difference in the Concierge Class veranda rooms C1 and C2 categories other than price? We are booked in a C2 category CC. What about Sky Suites on this ship? Are they worth the extra cost?

Stephen and Tom :D ;)

The difference between C1 and C2 is balcony size. The C1 aft cabins have much deeper balconies than C2, which are normal size. So, in addition to a table and two chairs (great for breakfast), you also get two lounge chairs. Also, cabins 6143 and 6144 are a foot wider than standard CC cabins, and have a deep, teak wood balcony because they are next to the Penthouse Suites.

We were in a C2 on the Summit for our Transsatlantic last year, and we're in 6143 (C1) for our Summit cruise November 20th. Sky Suites are larger. Don't know anything else about the category though.

• 3 weeks later...
The difference between C1 and C2 is balcony size. The C1 aft cabins have much deeper balconies than C2, which are normal size. So, in addition to a table and two chairs (great for breakfast), you also get two lounge chairs. Also, cabins 6143 and 6144 are a foot wider than standard CC cabins, and have a deep, teak wood balcony because they are next to the Penthouse Suites.

We were in a C2 on the Summit for our Transsatlantic last year, and we're in 6143 (C1) for our Summit cruise November 20th. Sky Suites are larger. Don't know anything else about the category though.

Michael

Thanks for the information about the cabins. After much thought Tom and I have decided to splurge a little and go for the Celebrity Suite. Still toying with the idea of the Royal Suite though. It is quite tempting.

By the way, we have similar birthdays. Tom and I are both December (1939 and 1948). (I'm the "younger" one - Tee Hee!).

Any other gay or gay-friendly travelers on this trip? We are a GWM couple wanting to meet other fun gay / gay-friendly people on this cruise. Looking forward to a great trip with wonderful people.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a difference in the Concierge Class veranda rooms C1 and C2 categories other than price? We are booked in a C2 category CC. What about Sky Suites on this ship? Are they worth the extra cost?

Stephen and Tom :D ;)

We've had friends in concierge. They get a few more "perks" such as early boarding. Avoiding the long lines are really worth the extra $. In the suites, I believe you get butler service. We're doing Queens Grill on Cunard & look forward to the pampering. As to FOD & such. I hear they really don't advertise in the daily paper, but it's usually mentioned on a bulleton board. You should find plenty of "family" aboard.

Archived