Strollers on White Pass & Whale Watching

globalhoneymooning

The only place for a stroller "may" be on the cruise contracted whale watch boats since they run the largest. Certainly NOT on the train, or any of the independent boat tours.

I suggest you think about this carefully, these are long extended tours, with no way out, many times inappropriate for some kids and age groups. In Alaska, tours are also costly.

I have never seen any infants/toddlers get anything out of whale watches, they are too difficult to see and if they "melt down" neither do the parents.

There was a family with a small fold up stroller on our whale watching tour with Orca Enterprises in Juneau. They had 2 young children - one in the stroller. Our tour was full and the stroller wasn't in the way.

I agree with Budget Queen that their children likely didn't get anything out of the whale watch. The one just played with some plastic whales at the front of the boat. The other sat in the stroller. They were both well behaved kids.

Thanks for the info so far. I'll give the rail a call and see what they say as we're doing the train and then continuing to the Dredge and a stroller would be handy in case the kids want to nap.

We're booked on whale watching through the cruiseline so we'll be on the larger boats so there should be no issue with the stroller.

While I understand the kids will not remember Alaska, we are also going on vacation for ourselves and we take our children everywhere with us. We're not going to sit home until they reach 10 when apparently people feel is a good time to travel to Alaska with kids. We've travelled around the world and don't want to just sit on a beach. Our kids are well behaved and we want to expose them to as much as we can from an early age. You never know what tomorrow holds in store for all of us.

Archived