Parking in Brooklyn

wezie

Just off the CB. Ridiculously short walk...as Colo said, you could set your alarm from the Promenade deck! LOL.... It's very safe. Although I've never investigated this, I would think they have security 24 hours. It was exactly $183 to park for the 9 days. You could drop your bags off, then pull into the lot & park.

Thanks. Is it a far walk from the lot to the ship? Is it safe?

It is NOT a far walk from the lot to the ship. It's like 5 minutes and it is safe and as colo cruiser said - you can set your alarm when you get on the ship - thats how close it is.

When we sailed from Red Hook last summer, I was quite surprised about the set up and as a matter of fact, we're doing it again this summer because it was so quick and easy. MUUUUUCH better than NYC but equal to Bayonne NJ. It's nice coming off the ship and seeing your car waiting for you.

:)

As I learned after the fact last year, pay for your parking inside at the kiosque, otherwise you will not have a receipt to verify your charged payment. I'll keep that in mind when I return this July.

As I learned after the fact last year, pay for your parking inside at the kiosque, otherwise you will not have a receipt to verify your charged payment. I'll keep that in mind when I return this July.

Is there another option for payment? Did you then have to pay again? Sorry- not following - But want to make sure I do it right... We'll be in the lot and on the ship together! YEAH!!! And thanks for the insight.

Sorry for the confusion. When you drive into the parking lot, you receive a ticket at an automatic gate, just like most other lots. When you disembark, at the exit door of the terminal there is a sign pointing to a parking lot payment machine. You can pay there with a charge card and receive a receipt. If you choose to pay at the gate as you exit the lot with your car, there is no attendent and that machine will accept your charge card but will not provide a receipt. I had to wait a month until I received my charge card statement before I knew that I was charged the right amount. Everything was fine, but I always prefer a receipt. See you in 14 days.

Sorry for the confusion. When you drive into the parking lot, you receive a ticket at an automatic gate, just like most other lots. When you disembark, at the exit door of the terminal there is a sign pointing to a parking lot payment machine. You can pay there with a charge card and receive a receipt. If you choose to pay at the gate as you exit the lot with your car, there is no attendent and that machine will accept your charge card but will not provide a receipt. I had to wait a month until I received my charge card statement before I knew that I was charged the right amount. Everything was fine, but I always prefer a receipt. See you in 14 days.

AHHH- perfectly clear- Thank-you. That would be rather frustrating.. not being able to leave with the receipt in hand...

Thanks for the clarification about charging. I was under the impression that we had to pay at the machine prior to leaving. I won't need a receipt so will just plan to pay at the gate.

Archived