Fun kid/teen activities in Miami?

clover4

It looks lilke we will be staying in the Biscayne Bay area for 2 nights before our cruise. :) What kind of activities might you do there with kids (my daughter is 14 and my son will turn 11 on one of those Miami days.) I've been looking at the Children's Museum and the Science/Space Museum. Any input about which is more interesting? Any other "not to be missed" things for kids in Miami?

Although I hate zoos in the summer because the animals just lay around in the heat, you might want to check out MetroZoo. They have really cool birds and other animals.

You might want to plan a beach day, pack a picnic and hit the beach. You might want to do this in the morning, as it's very hot in the afternoon, and likely to rain at around 3 or so.

The museums are a nice, cool option. There's one in Ft. Lauderdale with IMAX, etc.

Vizcaya is a really neat place and worth touring. When I was a kid I loved old places, especially those set up with furniture. (San Juan Batista in California fascinated me.) It really depends on your kids, you know what they're likely to be into.

Vizcaya

Venetian Pool

Bill Baggs State Park (Beach)

You will have to have a rental to do any of these things otherwise you may be stuck with what Bayside has to offer.

There are also a lot of things in my blog.

Archived