Our first cruise~How many dressy outfits?

We will be cruising on the Wonder in April. This will be our first cruise ever. I am trying to figure out how many dressy outfits we will need. I assume that during the day most passengers are in casual shorts and tops?? Do we need something dressy for dinner every night? I know we need to dress up the night we dine at Palos, but what about the other nights? And how do people dress for the clubs and shows?

After stressing over this issue for the last month I finally called Disney and my travel agent. Their combined reponse was business casual for every night except for Triton's then they suggest you where a jacket and possibly a tie that is your discreation. A dress or pant suit is fine for women and any of the restaurants obviously the dresser at Triton's. The first night is a Pirates of the Carribbean theme.

They will not allow you in in T-shirt, shorts and possibly even jeans.

Palos is the exception! A Jacket and tie is required

We have sailed the Wonder once, and the Magic twice. They say "no jeans or shorts please", however there are MANY people who do just that. I've never seen anyone turned away from the restaraunt for not adhering the the dress code. Personally my husband would wear Dockers (either pants or nice shorts) and a button up shirt or polo, and I would wear nice pants and a top or a simple dress. For the seven day, I would recommend a nice dress for formal night, something a little less fancy for semi-formal night, and something nice for Palo's. It's nice to schedule Palo's on formal or semi formal night so you don't have to pack an extra outfit. On the seven day you notice that later in the cruise, people tend to get a little more lax with the dress code and by the last night many are in jeans and t shirts!

The Wonder is VERY casual, much more so than the Magic, because it is a shorter cruise.

At dinner, the suggested attire is "resort casual". That means khakis and a polo shirt are FINE for men, slacks or a casual skirt or dress are fine for women.

The night you eat in Triton's they suggest a little more upscale attire, but honestly, many people do not follow the suggestion and just stay in resort casual. Men might wear a jacket (with an open-collared shirt or with a tie) and ladies might wear a slightly dressier dress or pants outfit.

There are no "formal" nights on the Wonder.

If you eat in Palo, you would dress as suggested for Triton's above...that is a lovely restaurant and men should wear jackets and ladies a bit dressier of a dress or pants oufit.

During the day shorts and bathing suits are fine everywhere except at a sit-down restaurant for lunch.

EDITED TO ADD: For the clubs and shows, by far most people just dress comfortably, again in resort casual. Some people do stay in their dinner clothes for the clubs and shows but it is not necessary if you want to be more casual.

Just got off the Wonder 02/03/05-02/06/05 and the dress was really, really casual. I wore slacks and golf shirts for 2 nights, Jacket/tie for Tritons and was in the minority. Lots of jeans throughout all the restaurants. The recommended attire is just that, recommended. No one was turned away from the DR's. All I can say is be comfortable and have fun...and please, tell Joice in the Promenade Lounge that Bill, Christine & Tyler said hi and miss ya.

• 4 weeks later...
Will shorts be acceptable for 16 month old and 3 year old in the dining room?

Yes, absolutely, for the little ones shorts are fine. In fact, DCL states that for kids under age 13 parents should use their discretion regarding appropriate attire.

However, I will say that most 11-year-olds DO follow the adult dress suggestion. That means no shorts or jeans in the dining room. My 11-year-old daughter wore capri pants, khakis, a casual skirt or a sundress in the dining room and fit right in. Nothing very dressy (except on formal night, if you have one) but more fitting with the "resort casual" dress code.

New:PALO DRESS CODE

During dinner, gentlemen will be required to wear a dress shirt. Gentlemen wearing polo shirts, t-shirts, Tommy Bahama style shirts, etc. will not be allowed admittance. Jackets and/or ties are still recommended but not required. Notices will be in the Personal Navigator, on the Palo reservation card and a sign outside the elevators on deck 10 will contain this dress advisory. The Resort Casual dress code for both the brunch and high tea remains unchanged.

Archived