Airport, Hotel, Ship Transfers question

dexter99

We are going on the Infinity from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in December, my first cruise, wife's second. We have purchased through Celebrity one night at a hotel in Santiago and 3 nights in Buenos Aires.

I'm not clear on what transfers are included: the booking says that in Santiago transfers are included and in BA transfers and porterage (whatever that is) are included.

The Celebrity website says "Should you purchase a hotel package with your cruise and air, your transportation is included between the airport, hotel and ship." This implies that to get airport -> hotel -> ship you have to book air through them too.

So what do we get? Obvious we get transfer from hotel to ship (the min reason we booked Santiago hotel through them), and at the other end ship to hotel. But do we get to and from the airport also or are we on our own for that?

Thanks

For Santiago, Celebrity will have transportation set up from the Airport to your hotel, then from your hotel to the port and the ship.

for Buenos Aires, you'll also have transportation from the port to the hotel - now I'm not excactly sure since we didn't stay 3 nights, but with the hotel through Celebrity at the end (1 night), we got transportation to the airport from the hotel. I would assume (I know, a dangerous word!) that even with a 3-night stay, you get free transportation to the airport from your hotel. If someon doesn't come on and say from 1st hand knowledge that you do, just call the Celebrity (or your TA) and verify.

But again, when you get the air and hotel through Celebrity, you get transportation from the airport to the hotel and then to the port...just not specifically sure of it after a 3-day stay, but should be!

Have a great cruise. We loved the Beagle Channel. fantastic!

Denny

Archived