Another Dream review

Atlante Theatre.

Two levels,single seats with small tables with lights in between, 2 seater sofa's and larger circular areas to sit, all good view of stage,some seats had reserved on them but this was due to a water leak which made seats wet,otherwise in good order. drinks service was quick,plenty of waiters taking orders,got very busy most nights people were standing.

Medusa lounge/bar.

Biggest bar/dance floor and stage, in very good order with a array of seating options, plenty of waiting staff.

Ocean bar.

Smaller area with small stage & dance floor, again different seating options. waiter service good,nibbles in afternoon.

Argo lounge.

small stage area, allways classical music on,very quiet.

Delo Bar

small dark area, piano played every night, to me smelt musty,

Gaming area

slot machines looked very old, roulette table and card tables, again musty wiff in this area.

Ladante Disco

Not the best area, a couple of long standing areas seats/tables and booth

disco from 2300, we visited at 0045 and there were 8 people in.

Pool areas

Rear

outside bar, chef cooking burgers/chips, allways salad.

lots of loungers one side for smokers

Front

outside bar,again burgers,salads, early morning omlette station, fruit and mr whippy ice cream machines,stage afternoon entertainment.

2 spa pools.

Orion restaurant

Biggest on deck 4. we found this the best !!.

Andromeda restaurent

open 24 hours, very popular be prepaired to que.

Sirens restaurant (Day) la Grill (eve)

very smart, can get busy, good selection of food.

Cabins (mine 6103)

clean, bed very comfortable,shame lots of noise from vibration

Nereidi Fitness centre.

good selection of equipment (instructions in italian) instructor very good

Beauty salon.

small,compact staff very intentive, I had a hot stones massage which was very nice.

Internet cafe

not used, easy to follow instruction for on board account

library

Daily puzzels to keep the brain active, reasonable selection of books left by passengers

Shops

very tidy, very expensive !!

Duty free

some real bargins to be had

Entertainment staff - faultless its true about the reviews the shows were great

Resident bands

Strum Jam - fantastic selection of music, worked very hard.

Elegant touch - soft music,easy listening, very good

Albert classical duo - Violin and piano

Pianist, David he also sang, popular

Ship shape and Bristol Fashion

Yes it has got better and better,and I hope for all you who are going soon will find it better than we did.

And the sliding roof over the pool on deck 10 is now working, but when closed it got very,very hot and was opened again.

Steve

In January I booked for my parents to go on the Thomson Dream for 2 weeks on 7th September. Its my Dad's 80th birthday and having been on a few of the Thomson ships previously, I thought this one would be really good for my parents to go on. Had I had the foresight about its current problems, then I would not have booked it. After reading all the recent bad press and some of your experiences, I was horrified! I have been in touch with Thomson's Head Office who assure me that everything is being addressed but I am nervous and not sure whether to cancel/move them to the Thomson Celebration or Spirit which at least they have been on before. Thomson were advertising this as their most prestigious ship which is why I booked it. When I have spoken to Thomson's head office, I was advised that many of the internet reviews are exaggerated which made me quite cross because I have used a number of these sites when booking Thomson cruises historically and I have always found the information quite accurate. I know they are trying to protect themselves but I feel that the Thomson brand is now somewhat tarnished - Thomson why didnt you get your act together well before launch? If the carpets are so badly stained, why can't they do some remediation work to fix the issues, rather than waiting until it goes into drydock? I need to pay the deposit for the remainder of their holiday on 20th July, any advice on the current state of play on the Dream would be appreciated?

You`ll get my non exaggerated review on my return from the Dream 6th July ;)

people are telling how it is,if it had been excellent,wouldve i been exaggerating!!

i can say a lot more that happened the week i was there but its being said throughout the board,everybody keeps saying i will give my honest review,if you have no problems great,i would say i had a good time but its not 5* you have to go out and blank the problems there are lots but probably annoying ones,like the hoover starting at 7am outside the room:eek: afterall i didnt get to the room most mornings until 01.30:mad:.

as for exaggerating no people are telling the truth,every one will say the carpets are stained down the mainstairways as for thomsons they are not going to change the carpet until they know the leaks are sorted,and that will be back at dry-dock:cool:

Seriously ??

The hoovering needs to start at some time, and given the size of the ship, it's gonna be pretty early ! Should the cleaning schedule be put back 'cause you're out till the early hours ? Or should the magic cleaning fairy wave her wand and have the whole ship spotless between 1100 and 1105 ? You can't complain that the carpets need cleaned AND that the cleaners were busy...

people are telling how it is,if it had been excellent,wouldve i been exaggerating!!

Ho BINGONED

I never said you or anyone else were giving exaggerated reviews :confused:but what i will say is there are many conflicting reviews on here and other sites which have changed from not just month to month but from day to day

I had a good time but its not 5*

I have not and have never expected 5 *

you have to go out and blank the problems there are lots but probably annoying ones,like the hoover starting at 7am outside the room:eek: afterall i didnt get to the room most mornings until 01.30:mad:.

With respect,anyone hoovering outside my room at 7am won`t merit a complaint from me,chances are thats the time I`ll be getting back to my cabin ;)

as for exaggerating no people are telling the truth,every one will say the carpets are stained down the mainstairways as for thomsons they are not going to change the carpet until they know the leaks are sorted,and that will be back at dry-dock:cool:

Again,stained carpets,won`t bother me

Archived