ES success today for our Dream Cruise 6/19/10

For some reason I decided to check out the prices on Carnival yesterday after pretty much giving up that we would ever see a price drop on this cruise. We booked 2 balconies and one interior, interior 4G's were showing 759 for Past Guests, I scrambled and submitted the form. The difference would have been $80 total however I assumed since only one of the two listed in that cabin were PG we would only get $40, how happy was I when I logged on tonight and saw they gave us $150 :) I know this isn't a big deal to some but it made me pretty happy and glad that I checked just one more time before we leave on Friday.

Our cruise has never gone anything but up for our 8K, it's currently at an all time high of 220.00 more than our ES. I'm beginning to think NY sailings never go down. :cool:

But congrats to you lucky ducks... have a great time!

Happy Sails! :D

For some reason I decided to check out the prices on Carnival yesterday after pretty much giving up that we would ever see a price drop on this cruise. We booked 2 balconies and one interior, interior 4G's were showing 759 for Past Guests, I scrambled and submitted the form. The difference would have been $80 total however I assumed since only one of the two listed in that cabin were PG we would only get $40, how happy was I when I logged on tonight and saw they gave us $150 :) I know this isn't a big deal to some but it made me pretty happy and glad that I checked just one more time before we leave on Friday.

That's excellent! I check everyday, to no avail so far :( I wonder how much success people have had just after the early saver rate is no longer offered, are they more inclined to drop the prices right after?

Tell your husband thanks for his service to our country! And thanks to you for the sacrifice;)

That's excellent! I check everyday, to no avail so far :( I wonder how much success people have had just after the early saver rate is no longer offered, are they more inclined to drop the prices right after?

Tell your husband thanks for his service to our country! And thanks to you for the sacrifice;)

our ES rate went away less than a month ago. the fun select rate was $200 more than ES. about two weeks later there was a resident rate that is $80pp less than the ES rate. got the approval monday for the $160 price drop. i'm waiting for final payment to pass(july 26), if they have some that cancel, hopefully rates will drop again.

keep checking, i check twice a day and saw the resident rate about 11:30 at night. i was so excited, i had a hard time gong to sleep that night.

Okay...you have my attention. I am on the Dream on the 19th, do I call to check prices or are they published? I can't find any 8A's on the Carnival website. Thanks for answering a question that I am sure has been answered often.

Okay...you have my attention. I am on the Dream on the 19th, do I call to check prices or are they published? I can't find any 8A's on the Carnival website. Thanks for answering a question that I am sure has been answered often.
sounds like 8As are sold out, thus no price drop. you can check rates on the carnival website anytime to see if they have rates published for 8As again. sometimes they get cancellations or they may have someone upgrade and open up the 8As again. did you book the early saver rate? if not, you won't get OBC but you may be eligable for and upgrade to a higher cabin cat if there's one that's the same rate that you paid for your 8A. good luck.:)

I don't see why Carnival would lower the rates right after ES rates disappear.

There is no advantage to them to lower the price after they disappear.:)

Bill

After the ES rates go away (3 months before shorter cruises and 5 months before longer cruises) you're still eligible for any drops in rthe Promo Rates (Past Guest, 55+, Resident and Military) that you are eligible for, up to 2 business days before sailing. ken

Seriously, we got a huge (to me) OBC just 4 days before we sailed one time...$470 total. I had not been paying attention and then someone on these boards mentioned to me and sure enough, my drinks and playing were paid for (well most of it).

I am now using carnivalcruisegenie dot com and that works great to notify you of every price drop so far. We have thus far gotten $280 OBC for Cat 8D on Carnival Dream 08/07/2010. I will be checking every day regardless until 2 days before, just in case!!

Archived