Emerald Princess-Nov 28

robgvic

Hey guys,

Wish we were going with you but we just did the eastern itinerary on Emerald last month and thought I'd let you know... you're going to have a GREAT time. ;) Only a couple of us were involved in the thread prior to the cruise but there were many more family members on board when we arrived. I can't say enough good things about this ship. The crew is super friendly and have NO issues with all of us boys. They don't call it PRINCESS for nothing. LOL

The GLBT meetings seemed well attended and were at varried times of the day and evening. We attended one but had met almost all the fellow cruisers around the ship, either in a bar, out by the pool and in the steam/sauna. The cruise staff member who came to the meetings was amusing but on our cruise members of the entertainment staff joined us and were a lot of fun. That group has changed since we were aboard but I suspect the same type of thing might happen. Hope so for your sake.

In all I wish you safe and happy sailing and wish we were going with you.

Bon Voyage!

Chris and AJ

Hey guys,

Wish we were going with you but we just did the eastern itinerary on Emerald last month and thought I'd let you know... you're going to have a GREAT time. ;) Only a couple of us were involved in the thread prior to the cruise but there were many more family members on board when we arrived. I can't say enough good things about this ship. The crew is super friendly and have NO issues with all of us boys. They don't call it PRINCESS for nothing. LOL

The GLBT meetings seemed well attended and were at varried times of the day and evening. We attended one but had met almost all the fellow cruisers around the ship, either in a bar, out by the pool and in the steam/sauna. The cruise staff member who came to the meetings was amusing but on our cruise members of the entertainment staff joined us and were a lot of fun. That group has changed since we were aboard but I suspect the same type of thing might happen. Hope so for your sake.

In all I wish you safe and happy sailing and wish we were going with you.

Bon Voyage!

Chris and AJ

Many thanks for the info. REALLY looking forward to this:D. Last year on the Crown we had a very large group at the GLBT meetings and wound up making some lifelong friends.

Any thoughts or tips for the ports?

Paul and Mark

Thanks Chris and AJ for all your wonderful comments! Wish you were going with us too, but glad you had a good time on your cruise. I am hoping the cruise staff is as friendly as yours was. I am trying to go in positively about the cruise staff in general. I know you can't believe everything you read, but I have read some things about Tim Donovan, our cruise director and that he can come across as being homophobic. I hope this is not the case and as I have said I am trying to take that as just a rumor or maybe it was just one person's bad experience, but hey, in my opinion a cruise director or the rest of the cruise staff does not necessarily make for a good cruise experience. It can help enhance it, but it's the other passenger's you meet on a cruise and become friends which adds to the total cruise experience.

Scott and Cory

Tim Donovan is HARMLESS yet a big windbag that doesn't really contribute much. He does the standard intros etc but the cruise itself is very unobtrusive in its daily announcelemts etc. Also, Captain Mario is one cool cat. We had met him on another ship previously as well as his family who were aboard for the holidays and all were sooo nice. He remembered us (Or did a really good job pretending he did) and couldn't have made us feel more welcome. We saw him at Chef's Table, Twice on deck and at the Captain's Circle reception and on each occasion he took time out to say hello and ask us how things were going.

Who needs Tim Donovan, who wasn't homophobic, but too involved in his own world to look around. The crew-rep actualy arranged dinner for the GLBT group in one of the dining rooms on the last night of the cruise. We already had made plans with other people we had met at Chef's Table on the same night so could not attend but I thought that was pretty cool of him all together.

We did the Eastern Itinerary so the ports will not be the same I think. We were St Lucia, Antigua etc. Is that yopur cruise or are you Aruba? Let me know and I'll give you what I know. ;)

Thanks for your reply as Paul already mentioned we will be doing the Eastern. Cory and i are heading out in the morning to Ft. Lauderdale. We are getting excited' just a few more days.

Thanks again,

Scott

Leaving Friday and thought we would just pack tomorrow. Instead got so anxious started tonight. Now discovered that everything isn't fitting in just 2 bags so dragging out the duffle bag :mad:.

we arrived in Fort Lauderdale this evening and got all checked in. We have decided just to stay in and rest tonight instead of going out. Paul and Mark, you both have a safe flight tomorrow and hope you don't get molested at the airport. going through security for us wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

From what I can tell a lot is going on this week-end. The White Party in South Beach, a gay softball tournament, tomorrow night a leather ball, and a Pied Piper cruise also leaving on Sunday. Several of the guests staying at this guesthouse are going on the Pied Piper Cruise,

Take Care,

Scott

Glad you made it and wish we were already there. Up at 4 :eek: for a 7am flight.

We still have to figure out how to meet. Quick suggestions: Alibi for drinks friday night, breakfast/ lunch saturday at the Deck on the beach or rosie's in wilton manors or make a suggestion.

I know that a bunch of the Pied piper folks are getting together at scandals bar at 6 on saturday. We were booked on that cruise but changed for the much better itinerary on ours.

Take care,

Paul

Good Morning Guys,

As I am writing this you guys are getting ready to board your plane.

Any of the above sounds great to us. I do know that tonight we are planning on go to Alibi's and the Atomic. We also plan on eating at Rosie's sometime while we are here too. I will have my cell phone on me today while we are out and about so anything you should post to Cruise Critic I will get imediately. As for anything tonight I will let you make that decision since you are the one traveling accross the country today. I know last night we were exhausted.

Have a safe flight and hope you have a cute TSA person molesting you today!

Take Care,

Scott and Cory

Archived