Decorating formal dresses, hair, and shoes

OK, so I found several great sites for buying appliques, trim, fringes, etc. to add design and shine to formal tops, skirts, and dresses. Some things look perfect for putting on a pair of flat closed shoes with velcro straps. Others would be ideal for a headband. I can literally decorate anything I want to with embellishments. So now I plan to get creative. Sure, 2012 is a long way off, but it is not too early to start dreaming about possibilities. I realized I can literally create my own custom dress and tiara using those sites. :) :rolleyes:

If you need any ideas for embellishing something you will wear on formal night, ask me for links. There are so many colors, shapes, sizes, and materials you will definitely find something you love if you look!

For a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and materals to sew on a plain dress, click on these links:

www.sequinappliques.com

www.ejoyce.com

www.glitzonline.com

I was looking for this stuff because I cannot afford to order a custom-made dress or put thread through a needle. Now I see so many choices it is impossible to poick only one!

I store http://www.mjtrim.com they are 1 stop shopping for anything trim sequins you name it. This store is where all the NYC broadway theater costume designers shop.

You can shop at any of these stores in your area, they have michaels arts and craft stores, joanne fabrics, hancock fabrics, hobby lobby, ac moore all places you can find stuff. And you can always find some who can help with your project.

I am working on a dress of embellishing on a plain sun dress I got at Old Navy(not for formal night just casual wear) halfway done. I got the idea from a dress I saw at J Crew's window. the dress in the window cost 89.00 the cost of my project total 30.00. I also enjoy creating my own unique outfit.

Alrana

I store www.mjtrim.com they are 1 stop shopping for anything trim sequins you name it. This store is where all the NYC broadway theater costume designers shop.

You can shop at any of these stores in your area, they have michaels arts and craft stores, joanne fabrics, hancock fabrics, hobby lobby, ac moore all places you can find stuff. And you can always find some who can help with your project.

I am working on a dress of embellishing on a plain sun dress I got at Old Navy(not for formal night just casual wear) halfway done. I got the idea from a dress I saw at J Crew's window. the dress in the window cost 89.00 the cost of my project total 30.00. I also enjoy creating my own unique outfit.

Alrana

Can you post a picture of your dress when you are done?

• 3 weeks later...

I never tried them on, but I work with a lady who wears croc shoes (the ones with many holes on the top) and has a charm in each hole. While looking at her feet, I wondered if I could put anything fancier than plastic in the holes without hurting my feet. If I ever get the chance to try on a pair of crocs, I will look for a way to hide the holes with beautiful, matching appliques. If you have crocs, have fun plugging holes with sequins and beads!

Archived