Lets Do it Again - Reunion Cruise

Pencil Dave and I in for the Asia 27 November 2011 - on the Diamond, Shiona, we have been looking at that one..and it gets home a week or so before Xmas, so that's a little better than last yr when we got home from the cruise on the 24th Dec:D:D!!!!

This will be the fifth time we have done this Asia cruise...LOVE IT!!!!

woo hoo..

S&D

Ditto, except it will be our fourth.

Now we just need a really good deal:):cool:;).

Hi everyone. Well we may look at next year's Diamond Singapore to Sydney as we cannot do this years. My gorgeous Auntie turns 100 on Dec 12th so we would never miss that. :)

Shiona that bar in Spain sounds like great fun and you just never know - we may drop in to visit one day.

Lloyd just keeps saying that's enough" but I keep finding more places to add on:o.

Liz ..wow 100... happy birthday to your Aunt for December.. definately a must not miss event...you and Lloyd know you are both welcome to drop by anytime during the European summer....if you call in winter best make sure you call on us here in Queensland:D:D

SHIONA: There must surely be a cruise opportunity here .................. I could visit "Mum & Dad" at the bar, and then keep my promise to Anthony as well - a TA out of Barcelona (hope it's near Marbella) on Royal Caribbean !! Just let us know when you open that Jazz Cabaret Bar - BTW will there be Karaoke as well ????

Kid you don't need an excuse to visit your surrogate parents:p and for you we will crank up the karaoke, don't have one but i'll find one:D..shhhhhh but don't tell anyone..

Barcelona is a short flight away so ideal for that TA you are promising yourself down the track ... Norwegian Epic are offering dropdead deals for 2011 it was a toss up between the Epic and the Brilliance

So now I'm thinking 3rd Time Lucky - mmmmm - the Diamond AGAIN next year.

YAY....go on just do it......and if they can make it.. Vicki and her John tooo.... the karaoke chorus lives again....

Fingers crossed and an email on the way Dave and Sandra.

Liz and Lloyd and Kathy and Dennis would be great to see you all again.... Sue time to pencil yourself in too.

Plenty of room for lots more.................

cheers Shiona

You can pencil me in for 2011. DH has already agreed to cruise in latter part of 2011..I usually never do the same thing twice( too many other places to go) but for you lot...I'm game.

I'm still trying to think of some sneaky way to get onboard this year...haven't given up yet....If I stash some cash and bag a last minute bargain like last year:D

Mark is still really keen to do the Voyages to Discovery in the Med next year if they fix the soot problems. So between that

and another Diamond Reunion, as well as the family one in January. The prices better be good and the dollar needs to keep going up!

..... TRACKING that Asia - Nov 2011 - Diamond cruise..as we speak..LOL..

..prices in US at the moment around $1900 to $2300...so everything will be

crossed - that it once again becomes reduced nearer the time,..

... we have done this one 4 times before, each time it has come down to between $990 and $1500 US as it is a repositioning cruise.

As soon as it drops a tad..we will be booking.....

Will keep y'all posted...

Hugs to all....:):)

S&D

You can pencil me in for 2011. DH has already agreed to cruise in latter part of 2011..I usually never do the same thing twice( too many other places to go) but for you lot...I'm game.

I'm still trying to think of some sneaky way to get onboard this year...haven't given up yet....If I stash some cash and bag a last minute bargain like last year:D

Mark is still really keen to do the Voyages to Discovery in the Med next year if they fix the soot problems. So between that

and another Diamond Reunion, as well as the family one in January. The prices better be good and the dollar needs to keep going up!

Maybe next Sunday, we'll all convince you to "just do it" :);):cool:

Sandra, we know you're "the best" at finding the deals.

Cheers,

Kathy.

..... TRACKING that Asia - Nov 2011 - Diamond cruise..as we speak..LOL..

..prices in US at the moment around $1900 to $2300...so everything will be

crossed - that it once again becomes reduced nearer the time,..

... we have done this one 4 times before, each time it has come down to between $990 and $1500 US as it is a repositioning cruise.

As soon as it drops a tad..we will be booking.....Will keep y'all posted...

S&D

That sounds great.

Here is what we are being quoted from the Princess web site...

Ship: Diamond Princess

Embarkation Port: Singapore to Sydney

Number of Days: 19 View Itinerary

Embarkation Date(s): 2011 - Nov 27

Interior $4,148.37

Oceanview Obstructed $4,746.17

Oceanview $5,209.77

Balcony $5,551.37

Mini-Suite/Suite $6,551.77

Government Fees and Taxes: $133.04 Currency: NZD

Ship: Diamond Princess

Embarkation Port: Singapore to Auckland

Number of Days: 32 View Itinerary

Embarkation Date(s):2011 - Nov 27

Interior $8,813.41

Oceanview $9,801.61

Obstructed Oceanview $10,680.01

Balcony $11,375.41

Mini-Suite/Suite $12,741.80

Government Fees and Taxes: $383.97 Currency: NZD

Dear David and Barry....

Hi guys.....

yes, you are indeed correct with those prices from Princess...is it any wonder we have to book elsewhere??.... the prices I have tracked elsewhere so far... showing lower again today...Yay!!

********* USD...*******

insides ...............K, L, M, and J $1786

insides ..............I & II $1873 and $1959

outsides.............G,GG,HH, and F $2045

balconies............BE,BF,BD, and BC $2821

I will be checking these prices with our LOCAL Melbourne TA of course,

she will normally do around the same price as these, so we shall be booking

pretty soon.... woo hoo...

your fellow addicts.. LOL...:eek::eek:

S&D

Just did it! Mark could not resist my puppy dog eyes...please please so I will see you onboard this year! Yeah Yeah...happy happy dance.

Just back from a lovely day on Sydney Harbour with the gang...cant wait to start booking flights!

Well done Sue. I knew you could do it!!! So is Mark going too?

I would so love to be joining you all but I could never miss my Aunties 100th birthday. There are some things in life that we must do with no hesitations and her birthday is one of those. I am sure that you will have a great time with some wonderful company. Enjoy:D

Well done Sue. I knew you could do it!!! So is Mark going too?

I would so love to be joining you all but I could never miss my Aunties 100th birthday. There are some things in life that we must do with no hesitations and her birthday is one of those. I am sure that you will have a great time with some wonderful company. Enjoy:D

Unfortunately Mark can't come...he is still hoping to retire next June..so is just me and the rest of the gang...I haven't heard back from my potential cabin mate yet..but I am sure it will all work out...now I just have to deal with flying with only 20kgs of luggage! Just starting to research flights...I was going to use FF points but I dont want to fly via WA and Jetstar seems to have the best flight i.e. leaves at 2pm gets in a 9pm Singapore time..open to suggestions if anyone else has a good deal.

Could not miss a 100th that is fantastic. I am still trying to come to terms with Mums Alzeimhers such a cruel disease.

Still great deals around...come on...dive on in...you'll be SORRY if you don't come.:)

Lurkers...if you love sea days and a classy but fun crowd..join us.

Oh Sue, you think I'm CLASSY - I am touched :D !!

Seriously, just thrilled that it's all fallen into place for you.

Great to see that Nikki & Betty (Spenders$) have also signed up for this years Diamond Stars - Singapore to Sydney.

The group keeps growing!!!

We have just finished reading this thread and feel like we know so many of you. We want to come too but the better half & I have just booked Pacific Jewel Syd NZ SYD 13 nights at end of January. Enjoy your Singapore cruise and we'll keep reading. :)

We have just finished reading this thread and feel like we know so many of you. We want to come too but the better half & I have just booked Pacific Jewel Syd NZ SYD 13 nights at end of January. Enjoy your Singapore cruise and we'll keep reading. :)

There's always next years trip...seriously this group is the best example I have ever seen of how a great roll call can really add to your cruise experience. If you are interested in seeing just how many things can be arranged by one group check out our roll call for the 5th December sailing on Diamond Princess.

Fun is not just for the young!:D

Oh....:eek:you lot just make us GREEN with envy down here....LOL......:D:D....

....we would love to be with you all again, but alas, it is definately just next seasons Diamond Asia cruise for us......

.... you will have a fab time again, and it is just so nice to cruise with friends..it makes a stand out cruise for sure!!! such a lovely lot of people in this group, some dear friends!!

off to Canberra tomorrow..so will catch up with the lovely Sue shortly!!...

xxxxx

S&D

Are you saying I'm not classy?????? :p Oooooooooooooo I am so tempted to book but I will resist until I get a job on my return and tell them it's part of my package :D

Still in Bali. Decided to extend 4 extra days :D Job searching can wait :p I have been one of the luckiest travellers in avoiding sickness over the years travelling to some pretty feral areas, eating off street stalls, been to Bali more times than I can count, filthy dirty Egypt and so forth, until 2 days again when............the shivers started, my temperature blew the thermometer apart and then it started..........the porcelain God was my best friend, holding the bathroom garbage tin for the other end (yes I had to give you a visual because you are my bestest friends now :p). I had to crawl across the bathroom floor to lie on the shower floor to get my temp down as Panadol didn't do jack :eek: 48 hours later and all good now although my tum tum is a tad tender. Staying at the Padma Resort in a lagoon access room......vewy vewy nice indeedy.

Ok must go shop LOL

Are you saying I'm not classy?????? :p Oooooooooooooo I am so tempted to book but I will resist until I get a job on my return and tell them it's part of my package :D

Still in Bali. Decided to extend 4 extra days :D Job searching can wait :p I have been one of the luckiest travellers in avoiding sickness over the years travelling to some pretty feral areas, eating off street stalls, been to Bali more times than I can count, filthy dirty Egypt and so forth, until 2 days again when............the shivers started, my temperature blew the thermometer apart and then it started..........the porcelain God was my best friend, holding the bathroom garbage tin for the other end (yes I had to give you a visual because you are my bestest friends now :p). I had to crawl across the bathroom floor to lie on the shower floor to get my temp down as Panadol didn't do jack :eek: 48 hours later and all good now although my tum tum is a tad tender. Staying at the Padma Resort in a lagoon access room......vewy vewy nice indeedy.

Ok must go shop LOL

OMG Debra, AFTER ALL OF THIS, YOU NEED TO BOOK ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS Dec2010. You'll not find a better group who you would want to share in a cruise

Debra, just do it, you know you'll have a great time..

OMG Debs very Classy indeed...I am having flashbacks to the 24 hours after Cambodia...thought I was going to die.:eek:

Come on you know you want to....warm tropical breezes, line dancing deck parties, cold cocktails, lots of laughs,...lifes short and working is greatly over rated.

Take a short contract and then 3 weeks off to come and play.:D

OMG Debs very Classy indeed...I am having flashbacks to the 24 hours after Cambodia...thought I was going to die.:eek:

Come on you know you want to....warm tropical breezes, line dancing deck parties, cold cocktails, lots of laughs,...lifes short and working is greatly over rated.

Take a short contract and then 3 weeks off to come and play.:D

Debsta, JUST DO IT. LIFE IS FAR TOO SHORT.

Debra, you might as well give in and book now - this group is very persuasive! They MADE me book - I had no choice in the end, and I am so very glad that I did as I was told. They are the best (as you aleady know).

Life is too sort - take a break and join us. There are some great deals around, so there's no excuse.

Glad that you are feeling better now. Now start booking!!!

Tamarah you are going to fit in soooo well!:D thats the spirit...come on Debs you cant hide...you could be sitting in an office doing something you don't enjoy with people you cant stand or you could be cruising with us....not a hard choice is it.;)

Tamarah you are going to fit in soooo well!:D thats the spirit...come on Debs you cant hide...you could be sitting in an office doing something you don't enjoy with people you cant stand or you could be cruising with us....not a hard choice is it.;)

How could I say no - I was following your previous roll call on the Diamond Princess, and loved every minute of it and wished I was joining you!!! You all seemed to get on so well and seemed to be having lots of fun on the forum - I can just imagine what it's going to be like on the ship!

Little did I know that I would be "talked" into cruising with you (and sharing a mini suite with my new best cruise buddy :D) - it all just fell into place. If I wasn't joining you, I would not have been talked into going. I just felt that I knew you all somehow. I think I will fit in and this is exactly what I need at the moment.

Thanks so much to everyone how convinced me to come along, and to my roomie for letting me share - I can't wait to meet you and the rest of the gang.

Still have to sort out my flight and date - decisions, decisions!!!

Oh....:eek:you lot just make us GREEN with envy down here....LOL......:D:D....

....we would love to be with you all again, but alas, it is definately just next seasons Diamond Asia cruise for us......

.... you will have a fab time again, and it is just so nice to cruise with friends..it makes a stand out cruise for sure!!! such a lovely lot of people in this group, some dear friends!!

off to Canberra tomorrow..so will catch up with the lovely Sue shortly!!...

xxxxx

S&D

"Never Say Never" Sandra. Who knows what will happen before Dec. Last minute deals are known to be too good to refuse;):cool: You know lots of your friends already booked would love to see you on board with us:).

Cheers,

Kathy.

Archived