Internet Connectivity

I'm seeking information on Internet connectivity on NCL ships in general and the Epic in particular. We will be staying in one of the Villa suites, and I understand Internet service is available. I assume that is in the suite and perhaps around the courtyard IF the connection is wireless which I'm assuming. Cost? Any comments from others who have sailed on NCL in the past would be helpful since the Epic should certainly be as good (if not better) than the other ships. Thanks in advance.

I'm seeking information on Internet connectivity on NCL ships in general and the Epic in particular. We will be staying in one of the Villa suites, and I understand Internet service is available. I assume that is in the suite and perhaps around the courtyard IF the connection is wireless which I'm assuming. Cost? Any comments from others who have sailed on NCL in the past would be helpful since the Epic should certainly be as good (if not better) than the other ships. Thanks in advance.

The Epic is one giant hotspot with WIFI covering almost 100% of the ship. It is not cheap on any ship with the price running from $.40 to $.75 per minute depending on the plan you purchase. There is normally a 10% discount on the plans if you sign up the first day.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=InternetCafe

The Epic is one giant hotspot with WIFI covering almost 100% of the ship. It is not cheap on any ship with the price running from $.40 to $.75 per minute depending on the plan you purchase. There is normally a 10% discount on the plans if you sign up the first day.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=InternetCafe

Thanks. A complete and quick answer. Yes the price is not cheap - but comparable to what I've paid on other ships. Thanks again.

Thanks. A complete and quick answer. Yes the price is not cheap - but comparable to what I've paid on other ships. Thanks again.

Hey Dave! You should have also recieved an internet coupon for an extra 20-minutes free with the purchase of a 250-minute plan. We skype with family back home when on board. The internet cost beats the roamining cost when Mom has the need to keep track of the babies back home.

Hey Dave! You should have also recieved an internet coupon for an extra 20-minutes free with the purchase of a 250-minute plan. We skype with family back home when on board. The internet cost beats the roamining cost when Mom has the need to keep track of the babies back home.

Hi Richard, I have not yet received any materials from NCL or my TA on the cruise yet. It seems a bit early to me. Do you think I should have received something by now?

I understand that if you sign up the first day there is a discount or "extra" minute deal - so I will watch for that. Thanks for the heads up. The Skype idea is good. Need to think about that for our other cruises when my wife is with me and wonders about home.

Thanks for bringing up skype!! I have been concerned with how we are going to stay in touch with my parents back home who are watching our two little boys. Since we are at sea for several days, I didn't think we would be able to touch base each day. Is skype easy to do on the ship? Did you bring your own laptop? Thanks for any additional info!!

Archived