Grand Denali Hotel

dsstasz

We spent two nights at the Grand Denali Lodge in May. I, too, wondered & worried about the reviews I read, but then, went to another site and found alternate opinions. It's a lodge, it's rustic. A plus is the complimentary van service to Denali, Glitter Gulch, etc.

The views from our room were spectacular. The rooms are situated in a separate building from the main Lodge/restaurant. There were vending machines and ice in the building. The room was clean, usual hotel toiletries, comfortable bed, TV, coffee maker.

The staff at the front desk were very good, took care of booking a rafting trip for us. We dined one night in their restaurant and enjoyed the meal. We were cutting it too close to pick up sandwiches from Subway for our long trip into Denali, so we ordered boxed lunch through the hotel. Big mistake. The boxed meal provided by the Park Service was more appealing, ugh.

Would I book this place again, yes.

Darcy

We also spent 2 nights there and it was a nice rustic place. I also got a nice view and the staff was very helpful. They have a free shuttle service that will take you to the visitor center, WAC or downtown.

I booked an early shuttle to Eielson and the staff at the front desk scheduled to call the hotel driver earlier so I could be on time at the park.

I also ordered their boxed lunch and though it was kind of expensive ($15) compared to other places but it was proper. The box lunch included a fruit, granola bar, water, sandwich (I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich) and 1 dessert (brownie or a cookie). We had dinner at their restaurant and it was very good.

In downtown, we ate a couple of times at the Salmon Bake and it was pretty good.

Archived