Galveston RCCL/Carnival Competition

ssb

I think the Mariner of the Seas is just like the Voyager of the Seas, but with Chops Steakhouse taking part of the portside lido buffet seating. (That should be interesting -- there was barely enough buffet seating on the Voyager.) I'm not sure why RCI is swapping ships. Maybe it is because of Chops. After all, us Texans do like our beef!

Is the Carnival Triumph is replacing the Ecstasy for the 4 & 5 day cruises, and the Magic replacing the Conquest for 7 day cruises? When? Thanks.

I wish RCI would have the 4 & 5 day Galveston cruises again. I miss the Splendour of the Seas.

I think the Mariner of the Seas is just like the Voyager of the Seas, but with Chops Steakhouse taking part of the portside lido buffet seating. (That should be interesting -- there was barely enough buffet seating on the Voyager.) I'm not sure why RCI is swapping ships. Maybe it is because of Chops. After all, us Texans do like our beef!

Is the Carnival Triumph is replacing the Ecstasy for the 4 & 5 day cruises, and the Magic replacing the Conquest for 7 day cruises? When? Thanks.

I wish RCI would have the 4 & 5 day Galveston cruises again. I miss the Splendour of the Seas.

Yes. The Triumph will be doing the 4 and 5 day cruises and the Magic will be doing day cruises with a few 6 and 8 day cruises.

It will be happening at the end of 2011.

Don't forget that Mariner has extended glass balconies and is 4 years newer! Here's a link to see a few more differences: LINK

The rumors about the Magic replacing the Conquest were just confirmed this week when Carnival accidentally released her Trans-Atlantic itineraries! (The itineraries have since been taken down)

Yes. The Triumph will be doing the 4 and 5 day cruises and the Magic will be doing day cruises with a few 6 and 8 day cruises.

It will be happening at the end of 2011.

The news about the Triumph replacing the Ecstasy hasn't been confirmed yet; it's just a rumor right now. Although, If the rumor is true, all three ships that depart from Galveston nowadays will be replaced by newer ships in November 2011! :D

The ship is awesome, youngest of the Voyager class commissioned in 2004:

35cgdav.jpg

xbbp6r.jpg

2iuuq8m.jpg

2uhr6ms.jpg

aajf53.jpg

ne9qgg.jpg

Small correction: Mariner of the Seas was commissioned in November of 2003. :D

Thought I remembered that year from our M&M quiz as 2004, but anyways its the newest one.

And no....:( no waterfall urinal on the others! Now you guys will just have to go on Voyager.....such a thrill!!!:D;)

Archived