International Cafe?

Rhitson88

I think we should all take a vow never to answer a question about the IC. What happens if everybody finds out about it? You can actually see people pass by without stopping to pick up some of those wonderful goodies.

We just got off the Crown and enjoyed the IC quite a bit. Our complaint is that people would sit at the IC tables for hours.........and read a book.....taking up a table that others eating needed. Please read books elewhere.....;)

We just got off the Crown and enjoyed the IC quite a bit. Our complaint is that people would sit at the IC tables for hours.........and read a book.....taking up a table that others eating needed. Please read books elewhere.....;)

But most of the seating adjacent to the Int'l Cafe is for the bar area and the remainder is spread throughout the atrium.

You must remember that the Int'l Cafe is exactly that a cafe...not a restaurant that guarantees seating. If you've ever been to Florence in Italy and sat on the Piazza Internationale or at a coffee house in Montmartre in Paris you would realize that people sit for hours and read books, chat, sip coffee etc in such venues.

Change the times you look to eat or have a coffee. With the Int'l Cafe it's like the real thing... you take your chances and can't compare this to chair hogs on the Lido Deck as that's what the Int'l Cafe is trying to portray...the small European style patisserie/coffee house concept.

Ciao for now!!!

Do they have hot chocolate and does it cost or is it free? I didn't check while I was on the Golden.

If I see chocolate, I don't care if I have to pay for it or not. I will buy it at any price where it is available. Thank God I am not overweight because I am addicted to the stuff.

Not true.

This is what I read on the Princess website:

Balcony cabins on the Grand, which does not have the IC, are 214-257 square feet.

Balcony cabins on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby, which do have the IC, are 233-185 - sitgnificantly bigger both inside and out.

Since when has 214 been a bigger number than 233? I am not sailing in a cabin that is only 214 square feet (including balcony) longer than 10 nights!

Balcony cabins on the Grand, which does not have the IC, are 214-257 square feet.

Balcony cabins on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby, which do have the IC, are 233-185 - sitgnificantly bigger both inside and out.

Since when has 214 been a bigger number than 233? I am not sailing in a cabin that is only 214 square feet (including balcony) longer than 10 nights!

What you have just posted has contradicted your own reasoning. According to the above, the ships originally designed with the IC ( only the Crown, Emerald and Ruby ) have larger balcony cabins. The other ships which had the IC added did NOT decrease the size of their cabins to make room for the IC. The cabins were already the size that they are before the IC was added. Other public areas got re-arranged to make room for the IC.:)

But most of the seating adjacent to the Int'l Cafe is for the bar area and the remainder is spread throughout the atrium.

You must remember that the Int'l Cafe is exactly that a cafe...not a restaurant that guarantees seating. If you've ever been to Florence in Italy and sat on the Piazza Internationale or at a coffee house in Montmartre in Paris you would realize that people sit for hours and read books, chat, sip coffee etc in such venues.

Change the times you look to eat or have a coffee. With the Int'l Cafe it's like the real thing... you take your chances and can't compare this to chair hogs on the Lido Deck as that's what the Int'l Cafe is trying to portray...the small European style patisserie/coffee house concept.

Ciao for now!!!

This was our major problem also (when we were on the Crown) and we really didn't get to to enjoy the International Cafe as there were never any seats anywhere nearby. So it doesn't matter to me if future ships have this as I am not going to get a sandwich and stand to eat it or go up to Deck 14 with it.

On a side note, never had a problem finding seats at Rome or Florence (or anywhere else in Europe) in pizazzas for their outdoor cafes, etc....

International Cafe does not affect cabin sizes.

That number includes the balcony not the cabin inside. Yes, the balconies may be larger for the same room on those ships but the interior of the cabin is the same.

I think some folks get the thought that hen princess states the square footage of the cabin, if a balcony cabin, it does not include the balcony. Surprise, it does. Actally the inside of a balcony cabin is the same size as a standard inside cabin.

The tarts and the croissants look amazing...and I might add are making me terribly hungry!!!

I think that I need to book another cruise just for the food at the IC!

We were thinking of sailing on the Sapphire to Hawaii but since the IC won't be on it when we sail, we are going on the Golden again.

Lin's first question was (about the Sapphire) Does it have an IC?

Answer: No

Lin's response: Not that interested in trying it. Let's take the Golden again.

We'll be on the Sapphire for nine weeks and I'm very happy not to have the IC. Not for me, I have willpower. But DH visits it too often; every time he goes for coffee which is several times a day. Nine weeks could do major damage to ones waistline.

Ciao for now!!!

....no....they are chair hogs......

This was our major problem also (when we were on the Crown) and we really didn't get to to enjoy the International Cafe as there were never any seats anywhere nearby. So it doesn't matter to me if future ships have this as I am not going to get a sandwich and stand to eat it or go up to Deck 14 with it.

On a side note, never had a problem finding seats at Rome or Florence (or anywhere else in Europe) in pizazzas for their outdoor cafes, etc....

.....and if the cafe in Florence at the Piazza Internationale or at a coffee house in Montmartre in Paris (I have been to both) is crowded or without seats.....I can walk down the street to find another cafe with a seat........can't do that at the Princess cafe...........there is only one..........with a rude book reader sitting for hours.....who doesn't give a d--- about fellow paxs walking around with a plate of food......looking for a place to sit and eat.

• 3 weeks later...

Question about the patisserie on the Coral or Island Princess-

We are thinking of booking Panama Canal cruises this winter. Is the patisserie anything like the International Cafe? If not, is there a charge? Is the coffee good? Thanks a bunch everyone. Anne

Archived