8:45 port time is what ship time? and......

my son and future wife are taking capt alan's (as a gift from me because i think they're awesome......capt alan.....and my kids:D;))

it's been some time since i did this......if the excursion starts 8:45 PORT TIME and is at the OYSTER POND MARINA......what SHIP time should they get off and how far are they from the dock?

From getting into the taxi to Captain Alan's I would allow at least 20 minutes. (Technically, although he is at Oyster Pond, I don't think that he is located at Oyster Pond Marina.)

Other than that, there's not enough information.

If you sail from San Juan, then you're already on St. Maarten time, so there would be no need for the ship to adjust their time.

If you sail from Miami or FLL, etc., it depends on the time of year. During Daylight Saving Time you're the same as St. Maarten. Otherwise St. Maarten is an hour ahead.

If there IS a time difference, it would be up to the Captain to adjust ship's time, or not, at his discretion.

gary

Always a good question. When we sailed in February, we had to adjust for the time difference because we were still not on daylight savings time. Most tour operators will know when your ship gets in and leaves. Remember they are doing this for a living and missing a boat won't do them any favors for future business.

Scott

Archived