New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

On the Majesty a few months ago we got the bottle of bubbly with ony 25 cruises:D.

On Legend in the Med last year the bottle of bubbly went to a family with only 15 cruises. If you want the bubbly sail in the Med, there are very few D+ members ;)

On Legend in the Med last year the bottle of bubbly went to a family with only 15 cruises. If you want the bubbly sail in the Med, there are very few D+ members ;)

Maybe thats what i need to do.............cant tell you the last time,I had the most(with 61):eek:

We had approximately 3300 passengers on Explorer in May and only 33 Diamond Plus members. That's 1%. I've been on cruises where there were less than 10. Of course as each day passes more and more join the ranks. At least for now anyway.

Thats been my observation too..........not really all that many.....maybe lots of D members,but not that many DP........

now of course,there are the members cruises(which I wont do anyway)......bet there are a lot more DP than norm on those..

Our friends just returned from the Monarch and a lady had 49 cruises and won the wine, but she was a no show - so our friends with their 42 cruise won the bottle so they were happy - we were on the Independence in February and there were so few Diamond plus members that they combined us Diamonds with them and opened up a bar on deck 3 for the Concierge and we were allowed to join in - altogether there were 250 of us. It was kind of nice to be allowed in and we so enjoyed it - especially the Concierge - Roxana Romanescu:)

We ALWAYS go to a specialty restaurant the 1st night of our cruises. We feel this is the most relaxing way to start our adventure. We usually have the place almost to ourselves along with special staff/crew members. We will continue to do so, with or without a coupon (we are D+), it's one of the reasons we sail on ships with the restaurants. Let's just hope not everyone decides they finally want to try the restaurants because of the almighty free word. jmho

Our friends just returned from the Monarch and a lady had 49 cruises and won the wine, but she was a no show - so our friends with their 42 cruise won the bottle so they were happy - we were on the Independence in February and there were so few Diamond plus members that they combined us Diamonds with them and opened up a bar on deck 3 for the Concierge and we were allowed to join in - altogether there were 250 of us. It was kind of nice to be allowed in and we so enjoyed it - especially the Concierge - Roxana Romanescu:)
Diamonds are allowed into the DL on Freedom class ships.

Bob, each tier within C&A now has their own book with their own coupons.

The problem with it being fair is that what happens if a cabin attendant doesn't deliver the books to the cabins that he is taking care of at the same time that his friend that is taking care of cabins on the other end of the hall does or the cabin attendant on a different deck does.

Everyone should have an equal opportunity to take advantage of the coupon. If RCI is going to offer the coupon on all cruises to all D+ as an added benefit then all D+ should have the opportunity to take advantage of that benefit if they so chose to on the night specified.

Do you think that having the coupon in-hand will be necessary to actually make the reservation? If not, DP members could make their reservations once they get onboard, (even before their cabin and coupon book are available) and then just bring the coupon when they go to dinner. This would, however, potentially give the advantage to CC readers who know about the new coupon ahead of time. Oh well! ;):D

Do you think that having the coupon in-hand will be necessary to actually make the reservation? If not, DP members could make their reservations once they get onboard, (even before their cabin and coupon book are available) and then just bring the coupon when they go to dinner. This would, however, potentially give the advantage to CC readers who know about the new coupon ahead of time. Oh well! ;):D

As previously discussed,nobody knows for sure,but chances are you wouldn't need the voucher(and thats just a guess).......

I'm confused.:o D+ pax are allowed into the CL on Freedom class ships (as well as other ships that have one) as well as the D Club as they call it. I don't understand why they opened up a special venue for D Members if there is a Diamond Club on Deck 14.:confused::confused:

shp_id_deck14_v10-11_dpl.gif

As previously discussed,nobody knows for sure,but chances are you wouldn't need the voucher(and thats just a guess).......

I agree. (Guess this will teach me to read the ENTIRE thread before posting, huh?) :o

I'm confused.:o D+ pax are allowed into the CL on Freedom class ships (as well as other ships that have one) as well as the D Club as they call it. I don't understand why they opened up a special venue for D Members if there is a Diamond Club on Deck 14.:confused::confused:

shp_id_deck14_v10-11_dpl.gif

It was more than likely overflow. When there are a lot of D/D+ pax they use the dungeon (aka disco) as an overflow during happy hour, even on the Indy.

Not had time to read all the posts but we are back from Indie today and Guy the loyalty ambassador said the new Diamond plus booklets will be ready July 1st, in the meantime we got a flyer type of coupons with a free wash bag, internet discount plus $45 dollars credit and free photo.....great for its return.

Not had time to read all the posts but we are back from Indie today and Guy the loyalty ambassador said the new Diamond plus booklets will be ready July 1st, in the meantime we got a flyer type of coupons with a free wash bag, internet discount plus $45 dollars credit and free photo.....great for its return.

what size photo?:confused:

what size photo?:confused:

8 x 10 for the free photo.

It says one that is already printed and not a special order or reprint.

I don't know if they mean the ones you view on the kiosks that are not actually printed first count as special order or not.

And the bag of laundry is for underwear, socks, tee shirts, shorts, and pajamas. Long pants, shirts, and dresses put inthe bag are cleaned at the regular rates.

The concierge had put a sign up on the place on Deck 14 and a few other couples were mulling around - we asked if we were in the right place and they said yes

We finally got up to read the sign on the wall and it told us to go down to the Dragon's Lair Bar so our little group got up and went

When we entered the Bar - the doors were propped open and the concierge gave us each a white card - we sat down had some snackies and free drinks and had a great time- she said that the diamond lounge upstairs would have been too small to accomodate everyone so they combined them in the bar - Maybe there was a problem with the Concierge Lounge so they moved the event - we enjoyed the rest of the week every night at 5:30 meeting some new friends and enjoying the Concierge:)

On our BtoB in the Med there were only 6 of us D+ We didn't get the bubbly either cruise with 36 the same couple got it both cruises with 50.

BTW I hate the overflow room on the freedom class. It really is a dungeon. Too dark for me.

I think we'd use the BOGO the first night just to decompress and start relaxing.

Now there is another reason to board as early as possible, but remember, you can't "officially" get to your cabin to get the voucher until 1:00 (now people will be busting another rule to get theirs early).

Forgive me if this has already been stated, but I haven't finished reading all the posts. Why can't you make your reservation without the voucher and present it after dinner? The price you pay for dinner should have no bearing on what or how you're served.

Forgive me if this has already been stated, but I haven't finished reading all the posts. Why can't you make your reservation without the voucher and present it after dinner? The price you pay for dinner should have no bearing on what or how you're served.

That's true for booking once you are on board, but if you book at home, your credit card will be charged immediately.

Archived