Military Dress Uniform

melodienj

Hello everyone. Well i just talked to the fiance on the phone (he is deployed at the moment in Chicago) and asked him what he thought about instead of renting a tux on formal dinner night would he consider wearing his dress uniform? Well he said he would wear it and I am thrilled. (I am very honored to walk in on his arm and very proud of everything he does for our country.) I can't wait until he finally gets home and I have been sending all kinds of tidbits and pictures from this board, very helpful in more ways than one :) :)

Anyway, what are your thoughts on wearing the dress uniform on formal night.

Thanks yet again for all your help.

Susan:)

We are not avid cruisers, and are planning our second cruise currently. I am quite happy to have run across this post as I have spent the last 18 years in the service. I am proud to wear the uniform in whatever manner I need to. From the camoflauge I wear everyday on to the desert camoflauge I have worn overseas and most of all the dress uniform when I get to have my lovely bride of 16 years on my arm and I am home safe with my family.

Thank you to all of you who remember us in your prayers and have such kind words to say to us at every opportunity. The voice of appreciation and love is the one remembered the most fondly in the dark!

I do have a concern though. It was not until the last year or so that I have begun attending formal functions in my unit and have found the times when I may wear the dress uniform quite limited. Is this a consideration on the cruise?

And finally one word of caution. Depending on your destination and company, it is a sad truth that American serviceman, while appreciated by fine people such as yourselves, are targets to others. Be careful, and wary when donning the military uniform outside our beloved country.

Have fun all and I look forward to the time of our lives..... again :)

On our 1/24/05 cruise on the Ecstasy there was one young gentleman wearing his Marine dress uniform complete with "fruit salad", markmanship badge and the rest. He was, by far, the best dressed man onboard (and I was wearing a full tuxedo).

If you've got it, flaunt it!

USMC Marine Corps Dress Blues Uniform COMPLETE SET!

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16119&item=5360584434&rd=1

US NAVY CAPTAINS MESS DRESS UNIFORM WITH VISOR HAT

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36062&item=6509704140&rd=1

I'm sure you didn't mean to imply someone can "cheat" and impersonate a military officer. It's illegal!! The statutory maximum penalty for impersonating an officer is three years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.

Hello it has been awhile since being on these boards, last cruise was Victory and my military retired rate was $496.00 for me and my wife $298.00 each was wondering I read I thought that they had kept that rate for 18 months. Up here in NH our daughter goes on Victory 27 Feb

Hello it has been awhile since being on these boards, last cruise was Victory and my military retired rate was $496.00 for me and my wife $298.00 each was wondering I read I thought that they had kept that rate for 18 months. Up here in NH our daughter goes on Victory 27 Feb

You might try starting your own thread since the subject on this one revolves around wearing a military uniform instead of a tux. You're more likely to get responses to your particular question that way. :)

Susan-

There is no doubt your finance should wear his dress uniform. It is an honor and a privilege to wear an armed forces uniform and your finance should be proud of his accomplishments.

Enjoy your cruise and thank your finance for his service.

Mike

Here is a picture of his dress suit. Talking to him on the phone last night I now understand this is not his level A dress suit but I just wanted to know if this is sufficient or if we should dig out the dressier uniform? BTW thank you all so much you are very helpful:)

http://hometown.aol.com/melodienj/melspage3profile.html

We are not avid cruisers, and are planning our second cruise currently. I am quite happy to have run across this post as I have spent the last 18 years in the service. I am proud to wear the uniform in whatever manner I need to. From the camoflauge I wear everyday on to the desert camoflauge I have worn overseas and most of all the dress uniform when I get to have my lovely bride of 16 years on my arm and I am home safe with my family.

Thank you to all of you who remember us in your prayers and have such kind words to say to us at every opportunity. The voice of appreciation and love is the one remembered the most fondly in the dark!

I do have a concern though. It was not until the last year or so that I have begun attending formal functions in my unit and have found the times when I may wear the dress uniform quite limited. Is this a consideration on the cruise?

And finally one word of caution. Depending on your destination and company, it is a sad truth that American serviceman, while appreciated by fine people such as yourselves, are targets to others. Be careful, and wary when donning the military uniform outside our beloved country.

Have fun all and I look forward to the time of our lives..... again :)

We Love American service men and women up here.We have you as our guest in our Nav School several times a year.Actually I got one of the pilots to join our Judo class last week( on base)Thank you for what you have done for our country and the other countries in then world that are not lucky enough to know what democrasy can do...Hoo Ahhh!!!

Retired army medic...desert storm vet at the ripe old age of 40:)

Yes definetly wear it.

I am a retired military officer having cruised 10 times previously. Yes your Class A or Mess Dress formal uniform will be perfectly correct for any cruise's formal night.

After all the Ship's Captain and Officers will be wearing their Dress Uniforms to the formal functions!!!

If you have a Mess Dress uniform wear it as it will be even sharper looking especially with your medals on it. If not wear your Class A Dress Uniform with your ribbons. You can leave your cap at home as being indoors you will not be needing it. If you wear your uniform please remember to bring along your military ID to prove you deserve to be wearing it if questioned by some idoit.

You earned it so wear it proudly!

Yes definetly wear it.

I am a retired military officer having cruised 10 times previously. Yes your Class A or Mess Dress formal uniform will be perfectly correct for any cruise's formal night.

If possible wear your Mess Dress as it will be sharper looking especially with your medals on it. You can leave your cap at home as being indoors you will not be needing it.

You earned it so wear it proudly!

The words are greatly appreciated. It is DEFINITELY a sharp uniform. I probably would not wear the Class A's for formal night, but the Mess Dress Tuxedo is seriously sharp and shows a great deal of pride.

I think I will bring it along and wear it for that evening.

Enjoyed reading this thread - our airman son will be joining us (if he doesn't get deployed) for our 25th Anniversary cruise next year. Was hoping he could wear dress uniform on formal night(s) - we're so proud of him and he DOES look fabulous in it.

Can only hope and pray that all military personnel would receive our thanks and respect for their choice to serve our country...

I asked my wife if she would like to wear her dress uniform for the Formal night.

...........She Laughed.............Darn, the uniform's already paid for.:rolleyes: Thats OK, she's been wearing it for 29 years now, and if she wants to leave it in the closet and wear a formal gown then so be it. It is, after all, a womens prerogative. I know that either way, she's still going to turn those heads. ;) As for me, I'll follow her lead and leave my CAP(Civil Air Patrol) uniform next to hers and go with a TUX. :cool:

Robert

Archived