Tallinn Card?

I read in Rick Steves' book that there is a Tallinn Card and am wondering if anyone has bought this card and felt it was worthwhile. Rick recommends a walking tour, as do others on this forum. Are there many sights you need to pay to go inside that would make buying the card a good buy? Also, has anyone gone a little further out to see Kadriorg? It can be reached in 10 minutes on a tram apparently, or a Hop On Hop Off Bus. I can't tell from Rick Steves' book or the Tallinn tourism websites if the admission there is just for the art museum, which we aren't interested in. If everything else is walkable we won't bother with a HOHO bus and just take a tram to Kadriorg. But are the grounds worth even a short tram ride? (I do love a beautiful garden:)!) And are trams easy to negotiate with the language barrier?

If you Google Tallinn card, you can find the Tallinn tourism website, which has a list of all the savings to be made with a Tallinn card. I bought one when I stayed in Tallinn for a few days, but I didn't bother when I visited on a cruise ship.

If you Google Tallinn card, you can find the Tallinn tourism website, which has a list of all the savings to be made with a Tallinn card. I bought one when I stayed in Tallinn for a few days, but I didn't bother when I visited on a cruise ship.

We, too, will have a port day in Tallinn. What would you do with this one day if you were us? Thanks in advance.

I agree with tramp, Where we berthed, it was at most a 10 minute level walk to the old town. Once inside, the Old Town is rather compact, but there are a couple of hills. You will think you are Medieval.

Archived