Farthest Aft - Sensation - Okay?

crzmom

Hi:

We booked a guarantee on the Sensation leaving 2/26/05. The Book/Modify method is showing we are in a cabin on the end of the ship (M258). On the Carnival site you are unable to click on any of those cabins that are furthest aft to see what they look like.

Anyway, I'm now "fretting" that I shouldn't have booked a guarantee. (It's the first time I've ever done that.)

Does anyone have any experience with these cabins? Help!!!

Thanks! I really appreciate the answer. Besides the vibration, is there a lot of noise? I'm just curious. They could have a marching band parade through our room twice a day and we'll still just be so happy to be there!

You will definitely notice more vibration back there, but it's not really that bad (especially compared to Celebration and Holiday). Noise shouldn't be a problem unless you are on the Empress deck and right below Camp Carnival. On Main you should be fine.

When we sailed the Sensation we had cabin M227 & M231 We felt vibrations when we pulled into a port. Or we were pulling out of the port. But these vibrations were felt even in the dining room.

I liked the main deck coz the EMpress deck always seemed busy. There wont be a lot of traffice in your hall. You will have a further walk to the elevator/stairs.

Booking a gauartee- there is nothing you can do about it now.

We just returned from a cruise on the Sensation. We were in M84 which is in the middle of the ship. This deck seemed to be pretty quiet for the most part. However, we did notice that the closer you got to the back or front of the ship during rough seas it was more noticeable there. The last night of our cruise we went in to a storm and there was a lot of rocking. Fortunately for us it didn't affect our family, but there were several others that succumbed to seasickness. I would not be too worried about that cabin location, I would however take a few extra precautions to prevent seasickness if you tend to be sensitive to motion. Luckily the rocking only lasted a few hours and got better once we entered the Mississippi. By the way, if you are considering the Scop. patch, make sure you get it from your local doctor, as there was a note on the infirmary door stating that the ship's doctor would no longer provide the patch due to side effects. Hope that you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived