Dawn gourmet meal?

In another thread about the Dawn, a few people mentioned something about a "gourmet meal" with wine. I think they said it was $75? Could someone recently on the Dawn please tell me details about this? It sounds like something my husband and I would be interested in when we sail in September. :)

Thanks in advance for the information!

In another thread about the Dawn, a few people mentioned something about a "gourmet meal" with wine. I think they said it was $75? Could someone recently on the Dawn please tell me details about this? It sounds like something my husband and I would be interested in when we sail in September. :)

Thanks in advance for the information!

Just a suggestion, you might peruse the recent Dawn reviews.

And I would sign up for something like that in a NY minute too!!!

Good luck!

I dug out this menu from the Dawn's 4/25/10 sailing and took a picture with my blackberry. I hope you can enlarge it to read. Since the Chef prepares it, I am thinking it changes and varies from time to time. My understanding is the venue is held in a private area of the restaurant. I did not attend but I met someone who did and loved it. She said it was worth the 75 dollars. I saw a picture in the photo gallery afterwards and on that sailing there were about 20 passengers and some of the senior officers. I asked for a menu so I could answer a question such as Rocklandcruiser's.

I hope the attachment works! Rockland, if it is too small to view here, email me at quest4coka@aol.com and I will send it to you that way.

coka

62943655_ChefsGourmetMenu.jpg.a1356086c0aa6a19a8ed4e812f4fcaf2.jpg

Thank you Coka for your helpful answer, I have emailed you for a larger copy of the menu.

Also thanks to those supporting me in using CC for asking others to share information about cruises. (I thought that was the main purpose of CC) I did see your posts last night while they were still there ;).

The dinner/wine definitely sounds like something we would try on the Dawn in September! I'd love to hear from someone who chose to participate.

We attended the Degustation Dinner on the Dawn in January. There were two tables set up in Gatsby's Lounge, each holding about 12 people. At each table, there was 10 passengers and 2 officers.

I can't find the menu for it but it was 7 or 8 courses. We did not get wine with every course but we had champagne at the beginning, wine served with the entrees and a port wine at the end served with assorted cheeses and nuts. The choice of entrees were Chilean Sea Bass or Filet Mignon. We had the bass. Huge portion and Yummo!! The best fish on the planet IMO. The gentleman beside us had the filet and I must admit it looked delicious.

The dessert was some sort of chocolate Gnash (spelling?) with pralines and whipped cream. It was without a doubt the best dessert I have ever had. I could crawl into a bathtub full of it. LOL!!:D

All of the courses were great except for the 2nd last one. It was a sorbet with a syrup on it and was waaaay too sweet for out tastes.

At $75 pp, it was definitely a bargain and we look forward to doing this again.

Oh, and it started at 7:00 and lasted about 2.5 hours.

Ask if you have any questions. I don't remember all of the courses but one was a giant shrimp cocktail and another was a generous portion of foie gras. Both excellent.

We just got off the Dawn last week and were interested in the gourmet dinner, since we had been told it was very good.

Unfortunately, we did not go because we don't drink wine and felt the $75 was a little too much for us since we don't drink.

We later found out that there is a cheaper price for the gourmet dinner, if you don't have the wine, so don't hesitate to ask about this if you are not a wine drinker.

Everyone who attended the dinner gave it rave reviews... just wish I had gotten a chance to go but there is always next time.

We were on the Dawn 6/6/10 and were told by Anoop (Concerige) that there would be a wine tasting and I do beleive that was $75.00 but I do not remember him saying anything about a dinner.

Sometimes these events are called Wine Parings which will include a wonderful dinner matched to different wines for each course. The one offered last year on the Dawn's repo cruise was well worth the $75pp. Alain Magnier (F&B Dir) was our host last year and offered an incredible experience. Who ever has taken his place will do an equally great job, I am sure.

PE

Thank you Coka for your helpful answer, I have emailed you for a larger copy of the menu.

Also thanks to those supporting me in using CC for asking others to share information about cruises. (I thought that was the main purpose of CC) I did see your posts last night while they were still there ;).

The dinner/wine definitely sounds like something we would try on the Dawn in September! I'd love to hear from someone who chose to participate.

You are quite welcome! ;) back at 'ya!

Sometimes these events are called Wine Parings which will include a wonderful dinner matched to different wines for each course. The one offered last year on the Dawn's repo cruise was well worth the $75pp. Alain Magnier (F&B Dir) was our host last year and offered an incredible experience. Who ever has taken his place will do an equally great job' date=' I am sure.[/color']

PE

PE ~ had a wonderful time at the Gourmet Dinner with Hugo and the Captain this week.... tried to send you an email, but it came back. Please email me, ok?

We attended the tasting the week of 5/30. The food was fantastic, the first course was fois gras which both my brother and I don't eat (we each attended with our spouses). We asked Alina who is one of the best waitress' on the ship just not to bring it out to us, she asked what did we want instead- he got calimari and I got escargot, so ask if there is one thing you don't do.

Archived