Which ship to pick? Ruby Princess or Eurodam

luv2cruise81

Interesting question!

We purposely sailed the Euordam and Caribbean Princess within two months having been long time RCC passengers. We wanted to compare.

We did not like the Eurodam as the ship is difficult to navigate and did not like the system where you can purchase (based on price) tents surrounding the pool. They were on the pool deck and upper deck. It felt like a caste system.

The Eurodam had much older clients which is not an issue.

Entertainment was geared to the subdued audience. (sleeping?)

We sailed the Princess and loved it.

It is all subjective but now we sail Princess and NCL. It all depends on the time of the year and ports. We have given up on RCC. We also love Azamara.

As a younger person, I would consider Princess over Holland America. JUST MHO.

I hope whatever your choice that you have a great time.

Well, I checked it out further. HAL's schematics and texts indicate, as to what is provided in staterooms, show that for their Veranda Staterooms no refrigerators, coolers or anything else close. (At least on the HAL website I used, confusion exists as others have found conflicting info) However, I decided to call HAL and find out. The first agent(s) were unsure, but thought they had refrigerators in all cabins on all the new ships. All of our cruising on HAL has been on the Prinsendam, Amsterdam and the Statendam class and I know they have refrigerators in all Veranda cabins. So my interest is in the new ships which we might be booking.

I was switched over to other agents who specialized in the various ship amenities and fixtures. After a lot of confusion, they tell me this, all cabins, outside and inside, have refrigerators, although they don't want you to rely on any refrigerator being cool enough for medications. This was good news, in that their new ships will have refrigerators in all cabins.

They also agree that their website is totally goofed up in this regard and they intend to get it fixed.

End of problem, hope so anyway. If I enter my Veranda stateroom to find no fridge, I go berserk.