N.E.S.S-Sign in here Epic Stalkers!

maja

Does anyone know if she went over 20kts during that last run? Or wouldnt they need to go that fast for a cruise to nowhere.

Also I wonder if she will leave on time for the TA tonight? If so Im staying up to 2am to watch!

Does anyone know if she went over 20kts during that last run? Or wouldnt they need to go that fast for a cruise to nowhere.

Also I wonder if she will leave on time for the TA tonight? If so Im staying up to 2am to watch!

If she made it past 20 knots, I didn't see it. The fastest speed I noticed was 18.6 knots at the 02:32:49 UTC mark on her return to Southampton.

As far as I know she will leave on time for the TA. At least I have not read anything to the contrary.

Rick - Good evening! :) Morning in my parts but anyway...

No she didn't go over 20 knots yesterday at all. Not sure if they didn't have enough room to get her up to that speed or if they just decided not to push it past the speed necessary to get her across the pond. Either way, she did plenty of maneuvering and going in circles yesterday and speeding up and slowing down so she's in good shape to get to NYC. You get NBC down there?

Rick - Good evening! :) Morning in my parts but anyway...

No she didn't go over 20 knots yesterday at all. Not sure if they didn't have enough room to get her up to that speed or if they just decided not to push it past the speed necessary to get her across the pond. Either way, she did plenty of maneuvering and going in circles yesterday and speeding up and slowing down so she's in good shape to get to NYC. You get NBC down there?

Good morning to you, good 10pm at night to me! I'm seriously debating whether or not I should stay up til 3am to watch the Epic leave hahha that would be silly wouldnt it? As for the NBC thing I dont think we do get it (devo'd) the only channels we get on pay tv are Fox News, CNN and BBC so Im going to luck out on the Epic July 4th :( I will look for a way to 'legally' view it live on the internet if not I will wait for it to be posted somewhere

Good morning to you, good 10pm at night to me! I'm seriously debating whether or not I should stay up til 3am to watch the Epic leave hahha that would be silly wouldnt it? As for the NBC thing I dont think we do get it (devo'd) the only channels we get on pay tv are Fox News, CNN and BBC so Im going to luck out on the Epic July 4th :( I will look for a way to 'legally' view it live on the internet if not I will wait for it to be posted somewhere

Legally view it... pish posh! :eek: That's what the Internet is for! I'm sure someone somewhere will post it on YouTube or the like and you'll see it. I can't wait to see it then. I hope they do a really good job of showcasing the ship. I don't think it's been announced either who the acts will be performing either. :cool:

I'm trying to figure out what time on the East Coast it'll be for when she leaves so I can watch her take off. If it's 10 your time and it's leaving at 3 your time then it should be leaving 2PM our time?? :o Ah math so early in the AM! :o

Hmmm it seems I cant even figure out my own times! According to Southampton port it will depart at 1700 local time, currently its 1:41pm local time so thats 3 hours 20. At the moment here its 10:11pm so do the math and that makes it 1:30am (very doable lol) As for your time on the east coast, in New York where the time is currently 8:41am so it would be a 12pm departure? Hope that makes sense as I'm very tired (only got 4.5 hours sleep last night THANKS TO THE EPIC!)

Hmmm it seems I cant even figure out my own times! According to Southampton port it will depart at 1700 local time, currently its 1:41pm local time so thats 3 hours 20. At the moment here its 10:11pm so do the math and that makes it 1:30am (very doable lol) As for your time on the east coast, in New York where the time is currently 8:41am so it would be a 12pm departure? Hope that makes sense as I'm very tired (only got 4.5 hours sleep last night THANKS TO THE EPIC!)

LOL, you beat me to it! But we did the math the same!:)

Per http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp it looks like it will be leaving 5pm UK time that should be noon east coast. Is that correct? I know this is ridiculous that I am so obsessed with this! :o

LOL youre definitely not the only obsessed one! I'm working out her departure time for 4 different time zones............

All this math is giving me a headache but it looks like Noon is when we start stalking the ship again. Let's get the line up of web cams going here!! :D

Yes, get the line up in one thread so we can all make tabs easily! Please post as you find them. :D

The links are all in this thread but they're over several pages! I'm at work and don't have the time to go digging for them... it's from yesterday AM. :)

I know 2 of them and I'll post them, but what happens after Ryde?

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/webcams.htm

Ryde: http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS%20Maps/solentcam.html

I know 2 of them and I'll post them, but what happens after Ryde?

Ryde: http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS%20Maps/solentcam.html

These are the two we used yesterday. :D

I know Rick was Googling for other cameras but don't think he came up with anything else. Someone had a hotel's website up that looked at the water but it didn't work for me because we're dinosaur's here and have an old version of IE.

Yeah I think there are 3 webcams we can look at? The one just out of Southampton that has a 10 minute delay (jeez) then there is the Cowes one and then Ryde. I was looking around to see if any cruise ships were nearby that we could have a look on their webcam, the QM2 is on her way to Southampton but doesnt arrive until tomorrow morning so lucked out there.

Also I dont think Im going to be able to stay up :( Im just way too tired and have a headache so keep a look out guys and plz post a cam snap or two for me :) See you tomorrow

g'night, Rick!

We'll keep up our end of the stalking...:rolleyes:

Cannot believe EPIC will FINALLY be on the way to the states today!!! YIPPEE! :D

(since I'm at work, I had to have my boss come and see her pass by the webcams yesterday am! LOL )

Rick - Sleep tight! I'll do what I can to get shots of the Epic up on here for you. :)

Seems like NESS is growing by the second on here! Yippee!! :D Wonder if we can convince NCL to setup a portion of their website for us as well on Facebook. Ha ha. :D

2 hours more!!

Time to come out and admit I belong in N.E.S.S. too. I've been following the EPIC since the first day it was announced. These early sailings and my desperate need for photos/videos/reviews finally convinced me to join.:D

Time to come out and admit I belong in N.E.S.S. too. I've been following the EPIC since the first day it was announced. These early sailings and my desperate need for photos/videos/reviews finally convinced me to join.:D

Welcome to the club. We're happy to feed your addiction! ;)

OK, I need to run errands and be back in less than 2 hours. If I don't go now, we may have a toilet issue in our house later. That is no paper!:eek: and I don't want to be interrupted as I watch the departure!

See you all soon! :D

All this math is giving me a headache but it looks like Noon is when we start stalking the ship again. Let's get the line up of web cams going here!! :D

Here are the webcams I know about in the order that the Epic will pass them:

Southampton:

Cowes:

http://www.cowesharbourweather.com/webcam.aspx

Ryde:

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS%20Maps/solentcam.html for webcam and AIS map

http://www.solentship.co.uk/Webcam/ for just the webcam

Ventnor:

http://www.burlingtonhotel.uk.com/webcam.htm

The last link is the hotel webcam which was mentioned in another thread. You will want to change the view to "Ventnor". I don't know if there will be a good view from that webcam. If she passes that Ventnor webcam, it will probably be a distant view.

Rick - Sleep tight! I'll do what I can to get shots of the Epic up on here for you. :)

Seems like NESS is growing by the second on here! Yippee!! :D Wonder if we can convince NCL to setup a portion of their website for us as well on Facebook. Ha ha. :D

2 hours more!!

I agree - would be nice if NCL would do something for those of us sooo obssessed with EPIC! :D

Archived