N.E.S.S-Sign in here Epic Stalkers!

maja

I'm still new over hear on the Epic boards but I wanted to thank SDMike for posting a few pre-cruise pics! I can't wait to see his shots of the Epic in the morning from that room.

As an aside, I'd love to hear more about this hotel (for future reference of course when I finally get to sleep in Miami preboarding :) ).

I'm still new over hear on the Epic boards but I wanted to thank SDMike for posting a few pre-cruise pics! I can't wait to see his shots of the Epic in the morning from that room.

As an aside, I'd love to hear more about this hotel (for future reference of course when I finally get to sleep in Miami preboarding :) ).

Kerry -

The Hilton Downtown is just north of Julia Tuttle Causeway on US1 (Biscayne Blvd). We're about a mile or two from the cruise ship terminal. We took a cab over to Bayside Marketplace and the fare was about $6, so I'm thinking to get out to the ships will still be less than $10 give or take a few bux plus tip.

The hotel has been here for a while and you can see a bit of wear and tear in various places, but it's maintained very well and is clean. It's in a pretty "iffy" part of town and not somewhere you'd want to go for a walk. The main entrance at street level has bellman and lots of traffic during the day, and a guard at night. The registration desk is one floor up, and the staff are efficient and professional. There's a restaurant with room service on site, plus a pool with bar. It was closed today due to the storm, but later when it cleared up there were quite a few people out there. We got the Jr. Suite for about $139 per night (might be the AAA rate) and it held the 5 of us easily with two queens and a fold-out couch. The hotel has free wi-fi in the lobby area, and there is a lot of seating down there for just hanging out. If you want internet in your room it's $9.95 per day, although with the right conditions (and maybe a low floor) you might pick up their free service. :)

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know. It was a $24 cab ride from the airport ($30 with tip), and even at 1am there were lots of cabs available.

ok my fellow stalkers. I leave in the morning for Miami! I'll likely check in on Friday before we head out, but while I'm gone, make sure to stalk me! :)

Western Caribbean or bust!!

:D

OK, Mike, I have been stalking.............

I am curious about this ship, and I know if anyone can bring back a wealth of information, YOU are the one.

You gave me a lot of great tips for Vision....and I know a few people who are booked on Epic who would love a first-hand account.

Have a great time!

I'll be waiting for a review......

Michele

PS....Great pics!

Kerry -

The Hilton Downtown is just north of Julia Tuttle Causeway on US1 (Biscayne Blvd). We're about a mile or two from the cruise ship terminal. We took a cab over to Bayside Marketplace and the fare was about $6, so I'm thinking to get out to the ships will still be less than $10 give or take a few bux plus tip.

The hotel has been here for a while and you can see a bit of wear and tear in various places, but it's maintained very well and is clean. It's in a pretty "iffy" part of town and not somewhere you'd want to go for a walk. The main entrance at street level has bellman and lots of traffic during the day, and a guard at night. The registration desk is one floor up, and the staff are efficient and professional. There's a restaurant with room service on site, plus a pool with bar. It was closed today due to the storm, but later when it cleared up there were quite a few people out there. We got the Jr. Suite for about $139 per night (might be the AAA rate) and it held the 5 of us easily with two queens and a fold-out couch. The hotel has free wi-fi in the lobby area, and there is a lot of seating down there for just hanging out. If you want internet in your room it's $9.95 per day, although with the right conditions (and maybe a low floor) you might pick up their free service. :)

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know. It was a $24 cab ride from the airport ($30 with tip), and even at 1am there were lots of cabs available.

Wow, thanks for the prompt information Mike! Much appreciated.

The view makes up for that iffy stuff in my mind. I'll look into it a bit more (of course I have over a year :( to decide).

Have a great cruise! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Epic.

ugh...do I wait up for the Epic, or get up in a few hours? I would love to see her come in during the early hours and turn around in the basin. I suspect I won't be awake for that though :(

Now that's a true "king stalker"...debating to stay up or wake up in time to see her come in when you'll be on her tomorrow morning. LOL :p

Now that's a true "king stalker"...debating to stay up or wake up in time to see her come in when you'll be on her tomorrow morning. LOL :p

Oh pfft. :p You'd do the same thing. lol

Yes, it's after midnight and I'm still up. She's not showing up on marinetraffic yet. The ships that left here 7 hours ago are SE of Freeport and still on the map. If Epic is to be here by 7am she should be on the map too, unless she's going to come flying over at 21 knots (the other two are running 1/2 speed to Nassau)

Could you please try to get the dailies for the kids activities? I see you brought a couple. :) Teens and 7 year olds are the ones I am looking for.

Thanks. :)

I have kids 9, 13 and 15. Teens...no problem. :) I just have to make sure they don't destroy the dailies.

Shhh, don't tell anyone. :D

Looks like she's "flying" in at 19.9 knots at 2:41am :eek:

Stalker!! :)

I'm uploading a few pictures from 7:30am. I have to tell you, she's a beautiful bright white in the morning sun. It's pretty cloudy, so it's hard to get pics of the sun on her this morning, but trust me.

ok folks. Not sure if I'll post any more pictures this morning because I'll be on the move in a little while. Here's morning in Miami, and then some shots of the Epic and Carnival Liberty. Liberty is a big girl too. She's about the same width as Epic and only 100 feet shorter.

You can see it rained last night again. Still some trailing arms of TS Bonnie.

IMG_9653-vi.jpg

This is the view with the naked eye. The tops of the buildings are ugly, but at least I have a nice straight view of the port.

IMG_9654-vi.jpg

A little bit closer now

IMG_9655-vi.jpg

Caught the sun on the side of the Liberty, but not on the Epic yet.

IMG_9656-vi.jpg

Goooood morning Epic passengers. This is your friendly neighborhood stalker checking out your balconies from a couple miles away. lol

IMG_9657-vi.jpg

Unfortunately there's another band of weather coming through in the next few hours. No sun for a while, but at least it'll be raining when I get to the port..so I've got that going for us. lol :rolleyes:

I am a serious stalker....EPIC, any cruise. We took the Radiance out of San Diego and we were staying at the Holiday Inn on the Bay which was right across the street from the cruise port. We didn't pay for a bay view ($50 more a night) but lucked out as we got a corner room with a low view.

Long story short.....I was up at 4 am hanging out on the balcony. I caught the Carnival ship coming in and my favorite ship - the Radiance. My DH was not happy that I woke him up with my excitement.

I would have been up to watch the EPIC. And my DH would not have been happy!

ok folks...time to shut down and head over to the ship! Not sure if I'll be posting any more pictures for a while, but I will try to at least post my comments when I can.

Stalk on!

Thanks for the pictures :) Have a wonderful cruise.

ok folks...time to shut down and head over to the ship! Not sure if i'll be posting any more pictures for a while, but i will try to at least post my comments when i can.

Stalk on!

have a great time!!!! Enjoy your time onboard..take lots of pics...including your toes..lol.

Bon voyage!!!!

I got my pics of july 10 Epic cruise posted on fotki, If you want to see the Go to folki.com, click new member type in jon46. Then click jon46 and click on Epic picture and you can see them as a slideshow. John

Archived